Chapter 70

Chapter 70: Pain

Tanghali na pala. As far as I can remember, I skipped the last class for this morning. Bigla ko ring naalala si Julia. She might be worried or furious about me! I ditched class again and lied to her about it. Ano na lang ang sasabihin niya? At ano ang idadahilan ko sa kanya?

It would be nice if Dark would help me out on this. Sana'y matulungan niya ako sa idadahilan ko sa kapatid niya. I think I shouldn't tell this to her yet. I might be acting selfish, I know. Not that I don't trust Julia but I think it's better this way for now. Mas mainam siguro na sa ngayon, kami lang muna ni Dark ang nakakaalam tungkol dito.

I walked to Dark's office and I saw him looking at the door and he looked impatient. When he saw me, the worry in his eyes was visible.

"How was it?"

Before I answered, I closed and locked the door first. "We didn't fight or what,"

"Then?"

"She's the one who started the fire," I said, almost a whisper.

"No one should know about this besides the two of us," He replied, also a whisper.

"Yes, of course. Ayaw nating dalawa na mapahamak si Demi."

"What's her reason, though? Why did she do it?"

"You were right about the suspect having a good intention. She doesn't want more people to die in the future because of their lack of knowledge regarding the poisonous flowers. Dapat daw na may magsakripisyo."

He just nodded. "We really can't judge people by how they look..."

"Yes. She may look like a bitch and she may act so strong and wicked outside, but on the inside she has concern for the people. And her experience here was painful."

"Besides that, what else did you two talk about?"

Sasabihin ko pa ba yung tungkol sa sinabi ni Demi na kapag magsumbong ako, ibubulgar niya din yung ginawa kong pagnakaw sa aklat?

"Yun lang naman,"

"Are you sure? She must've been furious or something when you two talked."

"Yeah, kind of... Alam naman nating ganon talaga siya. But she was so defensive when I opened the topic and that made me more suspicious."

"Sinaktan ka ba niya?"

Agad akong umiling-iling. "No, she didn't."

"That's good to hear... Wait, kumain ka na ba?"

"Hindi pa pala,"

"Let's go and eat,"

"Saan naman?"

"I'll cook for you,"

My heart fluttered. Get a man like this. Get a man who'll cook for you.

I smiled brightly. "Okay,"

When we arrived at his dorm, I sat on the couch and Dark went to the kitchen. Sumagi na naman sa isip ko si Julia. Ano naman ang idadahilan ko sa kanya?

"Dark?" Tawag ko.

"Yes?" He answered a little louder so I could hear.

"I lied to Julia again,"

"You ditched class,"

"Yeah," I could feel the guilt inside me. "Can you help me? Ano ang idadahilan ko sa kanya?"