Chapter 68

Chapter 68: Dead

Habang nagbibihis ako ay wala ako sa aking sarili. Iniisip ko yung ginagawa kanina ni Prof Leonsio. Why was he inspecting the dead bodies? Nakakakilabot isipin. My thoughts then came to Dark. I'm worried of him. He must've been blaming himself for the deaths.

Yes, he also kills. He killed someone for me. Pero pumapatay lang siya 'pag kailangan. If someone harms us, that's when he takes action. But these lives that were lost overnight, he might be blaming himself right now just like what Julia said.

I badly wanted to comfort him. I want to hug him and say that he doesn't need to blame himself for what happened. But maybe Julia's right. I need to give him space. Kailangan niyang mapag-isa.

Pero hindi ako mapakali. I badly want to see him right now. Lubos ang pag-aalala ko sa kanya. I need to be with him in times like this.

Nagpaalam muna ako kina Julia bago umalis. Pumunta ako sa dorm ni Dark at umaasa akong nasa loob siya. Pero wala. There's no sign of him. Hindi pa siya nakakabalik based on the coldness of the room. Napabuntong-hininga ako. I need to find him.

Mabilisan akong naglakad at pumunta sa opisina niya. There he was, sitting with a glass of scotch in his hand.

Tumitibok ng malakas ang puso ko habang pinagmamasdan ang kabuuan ng kanyang opisina. It feels different now. Ngayon na mas kilala ko na si Dark bilang isang presidente at sa kanya ang opisinang 'to, the atmosphere here seems different. Hindi ko mawari kung bakit ganito pero mas na-appreciate ko ang lugar na 'to. This is where he run errands as the president.

Lumapit ako sa kanya at umupo sa upuan na nasa harapan ng desk niya. There was no expression on his face although he saw me. Nilagok niya ang natitirang scotch at naglagay pa siya ulit.

"Dark, enough of this..." Mahina kong sabi at kinuha mula sa kamay niya ang glass at nilagay sa tabi. I then held his hands.

"Maraming namatay, Zaya. I'm not doing enough." May bahid ng panlulumo sa boses niya.

"Don't say that, Dark. You are doing your best. Maswerte nga ang lahat ng estudyante dahil nandito ka. You are here to set us all free. Ikaw ang pag-asa nila."

"All the students who died, they didn't deserve it."

"No one deserves to die except all the cruel people in here, Dark."

"I'm not doing enough, Zaya."

"Let's say you haven't done enough yet but you are in the process, Dark. You are in the process of setting us all free. You are the best president this school could ever have."

He now looked straight into my eyes. "Thank you, baby... This is another reason why I love you. You make me calm. I love how you comfort me."

He leaned in and kissed me on the lips.

"I'm also to blame, you know. You can't take an action because I distract you." Sabi ko sa kanya pagkatapos ng halik.

"Yeah, that's true. But at the same time you're the one who keeps me going."

I smiled and he kissed me again.

"Dark, always keep in mind that you're doing your best, okay?"

He just nodded.

*****

Thank goodness it went well. And I have never seen Dark that weak before. I always see him as someone so cold and serious. But each has a weak spot. And he showed it to me. At dadamayan ko siya sa lahat-lahat. He always protected me and I would be willing to do anything for him.