¢нαρтєя тωєиту иιиє

Trinitie's P.O.V

It was a Friday evening. Donnie and I were walking down the busy sidewalk filled with pedestrians, some in a hurry and others walking with a casual appearance. Leo and Raph had pulled Mikey away from us, and smirking, said they had things to do.

So now as we strolled, hand in hand, talking about nothing in particular, I felt completely at ease. The sky was clear for once, and soft snow lined the ground in random places, sometimes falling from the branches of a tree we passed under, it's branches stretched overhead.

As we were once again on the topic of what animal was better (Cats or dogs?), I remembered something from this earlier argument.

"I still haven't met Ice Cream Kitty." I pointed out, and with a moment of thought, he shook his head, smiling at me.

"I guess you haven't yet. I'll show you her once we get back." He promised, and I smiled at him. Suddenly, as if a lightbulb was shining above my head, I stopped walking and exclaimed,

"We should get a puppy!"

His raised an eyebrow, and I giggled. "A dog?"

"No." He looked confused, and I laughed. "A puppy."

He laughed with me and smiled, but frowned a few moments afterwards.

"What is it?" I asked, happy at the prospect of a new animal.

"Sensei might not agree with having another animal in the lair, and.." He trailed off, looking at the sky.

"What?" I asked, having to refrain from laughing at the puff of smoke trailing up to the sky.

"I don't know of the dog would like me or not. I've never had one before." He admitted bashfully, but I didn't laugh at him. It was a common fear.

"Have you read about them?" I asked, and he gave me a are-you-serious- kind of look. I shrugged, and he sighed.

"Well, yah. Bread hurts their intestines, along with chicken bones. They're colorblind. They can't have chocolate." He explained, and I nodded, already knowing.

"Well, I bet it would love you. And I don't think that Master Splinter would mind that much. Plus, it will be way too cute to turn down." I giggled, and thanked the fates that we were passing a pet store.

Pulling him in, I smiled at all the puppies and different animals all around the room, greeting the person behind the counter. In the far back of the store were isles containing food and toys. Collars, bowls, and other various things lined the walls. Birds and parakeets were in cages behind and around the counter. Aquariums where different colored fish swam sat underneath the counter. Kittens sat meowing in cages by the collars. I practically dragged Donnie to the nearest glass box er- octagon? of puppies.

Well, whatever shape or was, it was made of glass so you could see the animals inside. The top of it was uncovered by anything, so the enclosure wasn't exactly completely cut off.

I looked at the animals closely, cooing at them softly while they jumped up on the wall, their tails wagging happily. They were all fluffy and multicolored, but there was a particular one that caught my eye.

It was black, brown covering the top of its head to underneath its eyes, making it look as if it were wearing a mask. The brown went to the tips of its ears, and I smiled at how cute it was. All four of its paws were white, or mote of a cream color, with tiny flecks of black on them, and its tail was all black, completing the look. It's eyes were different colored, the left one a bright brown, the right a bright crystal blue.

It was tiny, probably tiny enough to fit in my arms from elbow to elbow. It's snout was long, a black nose at the end of it. It had very floppy ears, and its tail was long and wagging excitedly.