¢нαρтєя тωєиту ѕєνєи

Donnie's P.O.V

We were still in first hour, listening to Mrs. Gem lecture to us about the use of proper grammar. Trinitie was holding onto my hand, both of them resting on my knee. I looked over at my brothers and smiled at how different they are. Raph was leaning back in his chair, looking like he was about to fall asleep. Mikey was currently entertaining some girls at a nearby table by drawing random doodles of them and showing it. Leo was staying at strict attention, his back perfectly straight.

A couple of guys were looking at Leo and snickering, but catching my glare, they quickly stopped. I was just daydreaming, already knowing exactly what she was talking about. I looked at the windows and smiled. I didn't have to hide any more. I can see real sunlight now, and not the brightness of a bulb.

I could be normal. I could let Trinitie have an actual life. A human life.

I let these thoughts slip my mind as I played attention once again.

"So, lucky you, there is no homework tonight." A sigh of relief went through the class, the loudest from Trinitie, as she smiled over at me, playing with my fingers. I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze as we packed our things, only minutes left in the class.

Everyone chartered around us about regular things: Gossip, dogs, the hottest celebrity bands. I roll ed eyes and looked over at Trinitie once again.

"Which class are you most excited for?" She asked me, and I thought about my schedule.

"Band." I answered simply. She looked confused.

"I didn't know you guys could still get in band. Have you even tried playing an instrument?"

"Uh, no. But I looked it up, and have gotten the general idea." I explained nervously, a probable pink tinge on my cheeks.

"Wait... Since we all have the same schedule, then all of us have band. I'm pretty sure she will accept you. I play the trombone. I need to know what everyone is going to play."

I nudged Raph, who looked over. His sudden jerk made Leo and Mikey look over as well, wondering what the deal was.

"Band is in a few hours. We have to have something to play. Name something." I explained, and they thought. "Clarinet." I finally said, and saw that Raph was about to make a remark, but I held up a finger. "Don't even start." He chuckled and said,

"Percussion." Trinitie raised an eyebrow. He looked offended. "Donnie isn't the only one who looks up things in his spare time."

"I think I would like to play.. Saxophone." Leo stated, looking proud of knowing the official name. Trinitie looked skeptical.

"It's hard to learn all the keys. You're going to have to practice. A lot." She informed him, and he smiled.

"I accept the challenge."

Raph ran a hand down his face and murmured,"Nerds."

"I wanna play the trumpet!!" Mikey exclaimed, chirpy and loud. Maybe a little too loud, because a few eyes glanced over at us, and the girls Mikey was entertaining earlier giggled. He smiled sheepishly. "Carry on, dudes and dudettes." More giggling.

"That's easy. The fingerprints e the easiest, but it's the pitch you have to get. That's what I was going to play, but my mom said it was too loud." She made a mocking face and giggled. I laughed with her, and the bell rang.

We picked up our things and headed out the door into the flowing crowd of students, Trinitie leading the way. She led us outside into the cold January air. It instantly numbed mug nose with its temperature, and I smiled at the sun. There was snow all over the ground, glistening where the sun rays hit.