He laughed and pulled her to sit beside him."I always knew you were this hardcore romantic even though you put up a facade of being too cool to fall for the idea of love stories." 

Jaanki giggled shaking her head. "We had such stupid notions about each other. I thought you were this jerkface who preferred having the girls fanning him and kissing the ground where you walked. With that rigid ego. But you were a perv and still are. I was right there." She added quickly.

"Jaan, please. Let's be straightforward here. You always were looking for a perv so you've tagged me that, to satisfy your female ego. You needed a pervert who could..." he was quick in slipping his hands underneath her flimsy tshirt. 

She smirked, pulling his wrist down  her frame. "Nonsense. You were always ogling at that...Tia Kapoor and her big boobs."

"Eww. No way. I might have checked out you." He confessed. "Certainly, not her. She reeked of clingy attitude. Big despo! No way. "

"Really?" Jaanki asked turning to him as a class photo came up. "I always thought you were interested in her." She revealed.

"If anyone caught my interest it was you!" He tossed dher a smile. "And, yes, I definitely liked and still love your boobs!"

"Eww, shut up!" She admonished and he chukled, while his entire attention on the screen. She smiled at him turning to the screen. 

"Oh see that's your cousin Ved!" 

"Flirting with his so-called friend on our wedding sangeet." Avinaash added with amusement. 

Jaanki laughed. "What's going on in his life by the way?"

"The latest thing I know is from Tushaar is... that he is obsessed with a girl he calls his best friend."

"Cute!" She exclaimed. "What about Tushaar?"

"He's still in a live-in with Viddhi."

"Wow, two years and they still aren't ready to marry!" Jaanki commented wondering what would be holding back two people who totally love each other and wer comfortable living with each other from entering into a marriage.

"It's a profitable arrangement. Women get too demanding and controlling after marriage."

Jaanki turned to him gaping. "Just reminding you...the day isn't over yet...it is still our anniversary!" She whacked him with the cushion.

Avinash chuckled, "See that.." he said pinting to a photograph where she was eating pain puri and he had photo bombed with an animated shocked expression.

"You're such an idiot, Avi!" She playfully poked his arm.

"And you're stuck with this idiot forever," he replied quickly and their eyes met. 

"I am happy that I am!" She replied softly. 

"You're such a heart stealer!" He accused with a smile.

Jaanki grinned. "But I keep it well." She winked turning to the screen feeling his hand on her shoulder. Finally! She had been craving for him rondo that. She smiled as pictures from their honeymoon came up.

Avinash was lost in time as he watched the beautiful pictures from their honeymoon. One of the best trips of his life. He was so going to keep this part of the video on his phone forever. They snuggled as they continued watching. Jaanki's heartbeat was racing crazily. The "what if" scenarios tormenting her. She had agreed to give him space but will she be able to be in peace? What if the distance only puts more distance between them? She took a deep breath and closed her eyes trying to memorize the warm feeling that washed her when she was in her hold. 

࿇ ═━━━━✥◈✥━━━━═ ࿇

Do vote and express your thoughts.

-Anami! ♡