17

michael.

She was strong

She was holding so many tears.

I was hugging her from behind, holding her weight for her as Ashton rinsed the gashes in her wrists, something that burned the fuck out of her, but was necessary in order to prevent infection.

"Ashton." She whined out as Calum gently held her upper arms in place so she would stop ripping her arms away.

"I know, princess" Ashton spoke quietly, doing it as quickly as he could manage.

Her forehead hit my arm, making me kiss the back of her head gently.

"Okay, okay- the bad part is done." Ashton spoke, gently wrapping her wrists in a sanitary towel to get the excess rinse off of her.

"Go sit in bed and I'm going to put an ointment on it to numb them and then wrap them, okay?" He spoke to her slowly, making her nod.

Tears in her eyes the entire time.

I walked her back to bed, sitting beside her.

"I'm so sore" she mumbled into me as I covered her up, not making her move any muscles that she didn't need to.

"I know, when you get a little more healed I'm going to start therapy with you and we'll get it to where it doesn't hurt when you move." I promised her, kissing the side of her head gently.

"Just please don't leave me ever again" I saw a tear slip down her face as Calum and Ashton re-entered- their faces dropping at the sight of her crying.

"I don't want to ever go back there again, I don't want to be alone again, I need you to protect me." She cried out to me, more vulnerable than I've ever seen her

But she didn't need to beg me to do this, I was already going to.

"You don't have to worry about any of that Blake, I'll never let anyone hurt you again."

I wiped her tears as Ashton and Calum assisted in putting a numbing cream and wrap around her wrists.

"I can't lift my arms above my head." She told us all slowly as everyone went quiet.

"That's because this muscle" Ashton spoke, finishing her wrap and gently touching a muscle from the top of her shoulder to the mid section of her back

"That muscle is torn and deteriorating from being overused." He explained to her slowly.

"So we have to let it rest and heal itself and then we will build it up again slowly where it will allow you to lift your arms above your head." He told her, making her slowly nod.

"But you need a snack." He then spoke, making her head fall back.

She had lost thirteen pounds in a very short period of time, which was extremely unhealthy and we needed to get it back up quickly, because she was borderline underweight.

But she was so sick of us making her eat every two hours.

Ashton brought in various fruits, putting them on the bed with her.

"I have surgery with Calum, but you still have to eat, so Luke is coming in to make sure you're eating enough, because I know Michael won't make you eat more if you complain." He smiled, knowing he was right.

All she had to do was complain about one thing and I'd do anything to make it stop hurting her.

"So eat." Calum demanded, the two of them giving her smiles before leaving the room, where Luke soon entered, flopping into a chair and grabbing a banana that was supposed to be there for her.

"Eat up, pretty girl"