6

We moved her to a overnight room, I covered her up after Ashton put a bandage on her.

"We need to explain to her how to take care of them once she wakes up." Ashton finished, focusing to her face.

"She's got a nice bruise, I wonder what that's from." He spoke quietly, touching her jaw slowly.

"No telling" Calum was the first to exhale.

"But, time to clock out"

They left to go clock out, and I wrote her a note.

Going home for the night, push the nurses button if you need anything at all. See you in the morning xx -Michael

And we left.

Blake.

I woke up to a noise.

I immediately sat up- instantly remember I was at the hospital.

I could see nurses in the hallway, making me slowly rub my eyes.

I let out a stretch, glancing to a clock on the wall, five in the morning.

I slowly stood, carefully making my way to the bathroom.

I did my business and washed my hands before then going on a manhunt for non bloody pants and a shirt.

As I searched around the room, I found a bag of my clothes.

I shrugged, not caring how it got here.

I changed quickly, thankful for the coverage of a shirt.

I soon saw the sunrise through the window, making me immediately open the curtains, sitting on the window seal and watching.

I felt so happy to not have to cook breakfast
To not have to change diapers

I watched the sunrise slowly, enjoying it.

"Well, goodmorning" I soon heard a voice say, making me turn, immediately seeing Michael.

"Morning." I smiled.

"You look good, I see you found your clothes" he grinned to me.

"Yeah- I just wanted a shirt" I spoke slowly.

"I'm glad you found them" he smiled.

I exhaled, looking back to the sunrise.

"Any pain, how does your cut feel?" He asked me.

"I'm fine" I told him truthfully- feeing so much better than normal.

"Well, your foster parents are coming to get you at noon, until then you can just chill with me in my office" he spoke, making my heart almost shatter.

Michael.

I saw the disappointment in her face.

"I have to go back?" She asked me slowly.

"Yes, sweetheart." I spoke slowly, watching her swallow before looking away from me.

"Is there a reason why you don't want to go back?" I asked her slowly.

"You haven't met my foster parents" she mumbled to me.

I didn't tell her that I had already met her foster dad.

"Do they hurt you?" I asked her slowly.

"No" she spoke much too quickly.

"They're just assholes" she dismissed the conversations.

"How old are you?" I asked her slowly.

"I turn seventeen in two weeks" she spoke slowly.

"You get out completely when you're eighteen" I reminded her slowly, seeing her slowly nod to me.

"One year, you're strong, you can put up with a few assholes for twelve more months" I told her slowly.

"But you can't run away again" I warned her slowly, seeing her eyes meet mine.

"It's dangerous, and you could be detained for it, which means juvy." I told her slowly.

"Just, I know it's hard to take advice from me because I'm a stranger and I probably don't know half of what you go through at that house, but please Blake- I don't want to see you in here hurt again- or worse, just stay safe there and as soon as you turn eighteen, you leave, and you come to me, I'll help you find a good apartment, a good job- anything you need and I'll help you as long as I don't see you on the news for running away." I told her slowly.

She stayed silent, just looking at me.

"Do we have a deal?" I asked her slowly.

"Yeah" he whispered slowly as I extended my hand to her, making her slowly shake my hand.

"Good, now come on, let's go play a game in my office."