Chapter 24

Ellison Taylor

During lunch time, in the cafeteria. There was buzzing excitement about something that I didn't hear of.

"Did you see Ian Collins today? Why was he here?" Kingsley asked as soon as he put his food tray down on the table I was sitting alone.

"I'm not interested." I said.

"He could be working alongside with us." He said.

"That we will bother when it happens." I shrugged.

"Are you free this weekend?"

He always ask me this question and he knows what my answer is every single time.

"Maybe next week?" He asked with the same hopeful look like every week and I just give him a tight smile.

It's been a week since I met Ian, accidentally and no one knows why he was here. Taylor didn't say anything when people randomly threw questions at her about that matter. She seemed stress about that situation.

Rosa followed behind me with her iPad as I was scanning through the file while walking towards the exit of the main building to go for our meeting.

"Ellison?" I heard his voice for the first time and I froze in my place when I saw him standing in front of me. It seemed like everything around us turned silent, but maybe it's just me.Rosa squealed a little from behind me and that brought me back to reality.

"Hey.." I started. "How are you doing?" I asked. I was proud that I was calm and collected.

"Good..good." He said still looking at me. "How about you?" He whispered.

"Good." I said.

"You look different and beautiful like always." He muttered.

"You guys know each other?" Rosa asked stepping forward.

"We were classmates." I said ignoring his comment. "Anyway, I have to get going." I said looking at my watch. "It was nice meeting you again."

"You work here?" He asked.

"Yes." I said. "Anyway, see you." I said as I give a nod and walk passed him.

"Wait." I heard him call out. I turned around.

"Can we grab some dinner anytime?" He asked. I was going to say No, but Rosa had to reveal my schedule to him. Sometime, I doubt she can keep secrets as my secretary. She gets way too excited about things and blurts things out and later regrets it.

"She is free for dinner next Monday." She said excitedly. "Should I book you in?"

"If she is fine with that." He asked looking at me.

"I have personal things to take care of." I said. "Next time maybe." I said. Of course, there won't be any next time.

He looked disappointed. He shouldn't be, he should know better. Why would I want to hang out with him after what he did to me back in high school?

"Right. Totally forgot about that one." Rosa said, realizing her mistake. "Nice meeting you, we actually have a meeting to attend." I turned and around and walked towards my car that was already parked in the entrance.