Chapter 6

Ellison Taylor

When the school ended, I was so excited to go and meet Claire. Ian stopped me in the middle of my sprees.

"What?" I asked him.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to Claire's." I said.

"Of course you are." He said sarcastically.

"For a moment I thought we were getting along." I said glaring at him.

"I still think we are getting along pretty well."

"Your attitude right now is pissing me off."

"My honest opinion attitude?"

"Nevermind." I sighed. "See you." I said.

"I can drop you off." He offered.

"I'm all good." I give him a fake smile. If we can't really get along like this, I think we will pull each other's hair apart if we are in the small space.

"You're good?" He asked, again.

"Yes. All good." As I walked towards the exit. "Don't get into much trouble, Collins."

"Likewise." He said giving me a salute.

Claire had a sudden make over. Her beautiful long hair was cut below her shoulder and curled up. She was sipping Starbucks and scrolling through her phone when I walked in.

"Wow." I said.

"Thanks." She said flipping her hair and giving me a smile. Who would have thought in a day she will be a complete different person. Yesterday she was bawling her eyes out and now. Well, she still looked beautiful but I am worried about the way she is handling her emotions.

"I have been thinking of doing this for a while, I like it." She said.

"Glad you did it." I said.

She avoided topic about school and especially about Cooper and I wonder if I should tell her about what I learnt today. I left her house early than plan as I wanted to think over whether I should tell her or not. She is trying to move on, what if I told her and she makes a move and Cooper rejects her.

Thinking about that made me want to halt the plan with Ian. I need to get to Ian first, but then I realized we never exchanged numbers. Now I have to wait until tomorrow, but I hope I get to him first before he does anything more than necessary.

The next morning I was an hour early to school. I was worried that Ian would spill everything and tell Claire about it. We both have to think it through before we go with our plan.

I didn't expect him to be an early bird because he was one of the few people who was in school this early.

"Ian." I called out. He turned around quickly, surprised to see me. He was not in his uniform, yet.

"What's up, peanut?" He asked and I give him a look.

"Ellison." He coughed.

"Claire said she is planning to move on."

"That makes everything so much easier, I had a doubt in the beginning about them being in a relationship. She doesn't seem to be Cooper's type." He blurted out before I could ask for his suggestion.

"I was going to ask you if I should tell her about what you said about Cooper." I cut him off.

"Oh." He said giving me a sheepish look.

"Right. You seemed disinterested in the first place, so I get where you are coming from." I said. "Forget about the deal and everything. It's over."

"You can't just cancel the contract and expect no consequences."

"You didn't even help me with anything."

"So when you cancel whatever plan with a party, you are suppose to pay some amount of fees."

"I thought you are rich." I said blinking my eyes in confusion.

"I don't want money." He said.

"Then what do you want?"

"You know how we have to do the fundraiser thing that is coming?"

"And?"

"Well, you will help me to come up with something." He smiled.

"No way." I said. The fundraiser program that our school organize is quite fancy. Usually you get credits for participation and mostly some of us- like me, we stay at home. The money raised for this program goes to charity which is super nice of them, but the way they organize is something that some of us feel so out of place. People like me feel out of place as this program makes you feels like they are fighting to show how much money they have or how much influence they have in the real world and it is scary as heck. Claire and I went on our freshman year and we were embarrassed by our head cheerleader that time.

"A deal is a deal." He said.

"Anything apart from that." I said to him.

He look at me for a while, most likely studying me. "Fine." He said dropping the subject. "But you still owe me."

"Okay." I said to him.

Claire was the talk of the school due to her sudden update in her appearance. She still look beautiful, but different. Claire's hair was in her natural wave when she walked in. She now officially look like the top model and I think most of the girls will have to compete with her.

Instead of her ballerina shoe, she wore heels making her look taller. Her heels clicked as she walked towards me. All eyes was on her, the boys who never use to give her a second glance was eyeing her from top to bottom.

"Did I miss much, yesterday?" She asked, casually as she opened her locker.

I coughed slightly. "Nothing much." I lied under my breath. I still feel guilty for lying to her or basically hiding about the fact that Cooper have no idea she has a crush on him.

The whole day, people asked for her number and she rejected all of them with a sweet smile.

"If they couldn't like me before then they can't like me now." She said, her eyes blazing with anger. Most likely thinking about Cooper.

"Claire." I started. "I actually have to admit something to you."

Just then El and Cooper showed up.

"You look different, Claire." Cooper said, oblivious about the tension between them. "You look nice."

"Thanks." Claire said with a fake smile. "We are running late." She pulled me towards our classroom.

I turned to see a confused Cooper and I felt so sorry about that. Maybe, I should just let her decide whether she wants to move on or wants to take a chance with Cooper.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book. Please give this chapter a Vote. Thank you for your support ❤️ next update will be tomorrow.