Demons

Taehyung thought his feet might catch on fire. 

Running fast and running hard.

"Have you got it?" Hoseok asks starting the engine as Teahyung opens the door to the waiting car and gets in, "I mean everything..."

"Yes." The blonde haired man next to him answers. Drenched in sweat and out of breath. Taehyung's heart was beating so fast he could hear the blood rushing in his earsdrums.

Hoseok hands over an envelope with copies of the documents he planted at the guesthouse. 

Taehyung fingers through the stack of bills and forged receipts.

According to these, he hasn't lived at the Suleman Mansion since high school. 

According to these, Hoseok's beach-house has been the home where, Taehyung had lived and paid rent since his graduation. 

After the fire happened, Taehyung knew that things had come to a head. 

The waiting game was over. 

Hoseok found a local association of whistleblowers who he quietly alerted to Suleman's illegal activities through his guy on the inside. 

The key Taehyung had stolen and handed over to them would make sure the forbidden documents it guarded fell into just the right hands....

....from an anonymous source, of course. 

Taehyung brought his lips between his teeth in anxiety just thinking about it.

If those ledgers hidden at the mansion were released, then not only will Suleman be ruined, but it would destroy the integrity of the entire banking franchise he'd built. 

Neither Natalie nor Suleman were home when Taehyung got back to the property with the only intent, to clear his things and flee the scene for good. 

Car noise whistles loudly in Taehyung's head and he can still faintly recognise Hoseok going over the alibi again with him for the thousandth time.

Taehyung nods, pretending to listen. Adrenaline still rushing in his veins, breathing hard. He sits there, as rigid as a tree.

On the outside he was listening to his loyal friend who was risking it all to help him.

 But on the inside he was thinking..

Thinking about the fact that he was about to board a plane in an hour and would probably never ever see Desiree again.