Mr. Perfect

Desiree had two choices

Lose the only friend she'd managed to make so far just as quickly as she'd found him or go on what she really hoped wasn't a date with Henri.

Yes, he was nice and good-looking. He even showed Desiree around the campus and seemed to be well known by quite a few people already but something about the green-eyed Lothario made Desiree feel guarded.

To any other nineteen year-old girl, Henri was the perfect catch.

Nice, normal, friendly, charismatic and definitely interested in Des which she found flattering.

But he wasn't Taehyung.

"So I'll see you later?" He asked again kindly after their third class together came to an end. Having previously whispered something about introducing her to more people and a party for freshmen later at his dad's club, Desiree lightly agreed to join him even though she still wasn't sure whether she really wanted to go or not.

Desiree gathered her belongings carefully into her arms hoping for a speedy get-away. Henri had already walked her to two classes today and she wanted to be alone for a while. 

A clean exit is nearly in sight, until a wayward pencil manages to escape from her grasp, rolling noisily across the floor.

Des hastens to pick it up but Henri captures it first. They both crouch at the same time to retrieve it and lifting her head, her eyes meet his jewel-like ones and he smiles.

What a charming smile it was, indeed?

Desiree's throat went dry. The moisture that had drained from her tongue seemed to have risen in her palms. She took the pencil from him and wiped a clammy palm on the skirt of her dress.

"I--" She began,

Henri's sensed her hesitation and frowned.

"I'd be really disappointed if you couldn't make it.."

                                             ***

Des ran her fingers through her hair and grinned uneasily, wondering what she had gotten herself into?

She was sitting in a crowded corner of a French nightclub with Henri's arm draped casually over her shoulder. Surrounded by a group of strange faces, unable to understand a word that they were saying.