"Do you know another Mephiles the dark?"

"Rouge, don't joke with me right now. I'm running on a five hour nap and only a granola bar I had for breakfast. What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you bring Mephiles the dark into this?" At this point I was just yelling and screaming my anger and frustration out at her. Her grip on the steering wheel tightened and so did her jaw.

"Look, we can talk about this later when Sonic is back home safe."

"No. We'll talk about this now. Answer my question. Why the hell did you bring him into this?"

"He's the only one I know who has contact with Carmen. Listen, Shadow, you said you wanted us to do anything to get him back and trust me if he wasn't the only option I wouldn't have gone to him, but he was and I did and look where it got us. We're halfway there to get Sonic and your unborn children and bring them back home, so for now, can you get over your fucking pride and forget about the fact that Mephiles the one who helped us? I thought you said you'd do anything to get them back?"

"Don't turn the tables like that!" The car was full of our shouts at each other. The guys in the back were watching silently, ready to jump in when things got too out of hand; two very hot tempered people arguing isn't the best sight in the world.

"I'm not turning any damn tables, Shadow! I'm just repeating what you said! When you told me you'd do anything, I thought you meant anything, so I went to Mephiles!" I scoffed and rolled my eyes, turning my direction to the window on my side.

"Of course you went to Mephiles. He is your first love, right? No wonder you still didn't delete his number from your phone or his name from your heart." Without my seatbelt, I probably would've flown through the windshield from her sudden break on the side of the road. Of course with the cars following us, they stopped suddenly, too. Rouge unbuckled her seatbelt and turned to me.

"Don't you fucking go there with me. I have been busting my ass off trying to get Sonic back! You may be in charge of this gang, but remember we are family and you just crossed a fucking line. Yes. I went out with Mephiles. And yes. It was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made, but I will not let you throw it up in my face every time you get mad at me. You don't see me throwing your mistakes in your face! It was YOUR ex who kidnapped YOUR pregnant husband! I'm trying to help you, Carlos. Turn down that mother fucking attitude with me and that hatred with Mephiles for this ONE DAY so we can get Sonic and the twins back!"

No POV:

Rouge turned back around facing the steering wheel and put her seatbelt on. The men sitting in the back couldn't help, but watch the blow-up with wide eyes. They've seen the cousins argue before, but never like this, saying things that won't ever be forgotten. As the car started moving on the road again, it was silent. No one said a word. For an hour, it was pure silence except for the occasional crunch and rattle of chips. They were at least half an hour away from the house when Rouge's phone rang again.

"Hello?...No! Hold them off a little longer! We're like half an hour away!...What? The brother?...He is? That's great!...Okay, yeah. I'll check it now." While still holding the conversation over Bluetooth, she grabbed her phone and tossed it back to James with directions to check her email. Once James read the address aloud, Shadow entered it in the GPS; they were less than twenty minutes away. Already, Shadow started forming a plan. "We got the address. We're like twenty minutes away. I'll send you a text when we're there." She just ended the call when Shadow started talking.

"An ambush. When we get there, we find spots to park the trucks to hide out. Us and Tails will go to the back door and into the house and make sure we can get as much knowledge on the area as possible. Have your…source… let us know when they're five to ten minutes away, so we can be prepared to attack and have everyone surround the house." She didn't reply to Shadow, but she heard him.

The twenty minutes went by quickly. The house was almost out in the middle of nowhere, surround by trees. With only a bit of difficulty, the trucks were hidden and Rouge, Shadow, Knuckles, Silver, Tails, and Mileena were standing in front of the back door. Knuckles knelt down to the doorknob and quickly picked it. They walked throughout the spacious house, Rouge and Shadow keeping their distance from one another, Knuckles, Silver, and Mileena with their nerves on edge, and Tails completely confused by the whole ordeal.

"Okay, what the hell is going on? Why are you guys so quiet? Did something happen on the way here?" Tails stopped walking and faced the group. Knuckles, Mileena, and Rouge looking everywhere but in Shadow's and Rouge's direction. The two cousins stared at the floor, not saying a word. "Okay, don't tell me. Obviously, Rouge and Shadow got into it. Look, I don't know what exactly happened, but you guys need to get over it. You're way too close and have been through way too much to act like the other doesn't exist. Get it together and act like a team for now and we'll all talk it out when we get back. Deal?" Tails, always known to be the therapist of the group, looked at the family members waiting for their approval. When they both rubbed the backs of their necks and shrugged, he took that as a yes and they went on throughout the house. Silver shouted out when he walked into one of the bedrooms on the second floor.

"Shadow! Get in here! I think she's gonna put Sonic in here!" The Latino ran in, along with the other four members in the house. His anger kept growing while he looked at the room. The bed had ties at the head and the foot. There were bars on the windows and the door had multiple locks on it. Shadow felt his hands form into fists and was just about ready to punch the wall when Rouge's phone vibrated.

"They're almost here, about five minutes away. Let's get this ass-whooping on a roll." She informed the members waiting outside to surround the area, but stay hidden with guns close to them. Her and the guys ran downstairs to the basement and hid behind the door with weapons in hands and game faces on.

Rouge turned to her cousin, giving him a slight nod, which he returned. For that moment, they put their argument aside and were ready for the worst, but praying for best. They don't know what's gonna happen, but it was like a message sent between the two that they have each other's backs and that no matter what, Sonic was coming home. Safe.