4

Rouge's POV:

"SONIC'S WHAT?" Knuckles yelled.

"He's pregnant! I can't believe it!" I answered him.

"H-how is that even possible?" He asked as he snatched the test out of my hand.

"I don't know. But, the test says he is,"

"Maybe it's a false positive," He said as he grabbed the box it came in and started reading the back of it.

"If it's a false positive, why does he have all the symptoms?" I ask him with my arms crossed and eyebrow arched.

"…You're right, Rouge. Sonic could actually be…pregnant," I take the pregnancy test and put it in the box. I run downstairs and stuff it in my purse.

"I'll be right back!"

"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go yell at Sonic for not telling me I'm gonna have a little cousin!" I walk out the door and run next door to Shadow and Sonic's house. I ring the doorbell and smile when I see Shadow open the door.

"Hey, big cousin!" I say.

"Hey, you're late!" He said with a straight face. I push him to the side and walk in the house.

"You know Knuckles takes forever. Sooo," A big smile starts to form on my face, "how's Sonic?"

He sighs, "Not so good. He's been crying his eyes out all night. That's why I postponed the meeting until Monday. And stop smiling like that. It makes you look even crazier than you already are," He answered as we walked to the kitchen.

The smile drops, "What do you mean crying his eyes out? You mean happy tears right?"

He looked at me with a strange face, "No…I mean sad tears. He just found out he wasn't pregnant. Why would he be happy?" My face dropped. What the hell is going on? The test said he's pregnant, but he said he wasn't.

"Uh…I umm. I- I'm gonna go talk to Sonic," I turn to go upstairs when Shadow grabs my arm.

"Wait, just don't mention the pregnancy, ok? I think I've finally got him to stop thinking about it," He said with a small smile on his face.

"Of course,"

"Promise?" He asked as he stuck out his pinky.

Promise," I answered as I wrapped my pinky with his and crossed my fingers on my other hand behind my back.

I smile at him and ran upstairs. I stopped at their bedroom door and opened it slowly. I saw Sonic laying on the bed paying attention to whatever was on the TV. He turned his head when he heard the door open. He smiled a little smile,

"Hey, Rouge. Uh, you're a little late for the meeting. Shadow postponed the meeting until Monday,"

"I know. You know how Knuckles takes forever to get dressed. Blame him," I joke. I walk in and close the door I sit down on the bed next to him.

He laughs and pauses to TV so he could talk to me, "So, what's up?"

"Shadow told me you were up here crying your eyes out. What's going on, Sonic?" He looked down at his lap.

"The test was negative, Rouge. I guess I just had my hopes up for a little Sonic or Shadow running around the house," A tear slipped down his cheek.

"I'm so sorry, Sonic," I said as I hugged him.

"Thanks, Rouge," He said as he hugged me back. I took a deep breath.

"Well, I better get back home to Knuckles. Hopefully he hasn't set anything on fire trying to cook dinner," He laughs and wipes his cheek, "Instead of planning my wedding, how about we have a chill day? We can sit around at my house in our pj's, eat junk food, and talk about how our men make us sick, but we still love them anyway. Sound good?" He smiled and nodded. I got off the bed and walked towards the door. I opened it, but before I left, I turned around,