9

Rouge's POV:

"So…" He said trailing off.

"So? That's all you can say!" I yell at him.

"Well what do you want me to say?" He asks me while shrugging his shoulders.

"Gee, Mephiles. I don't know. Maybe what you think about the weather, or that new song that came out by Paramore- Oh! I've got one! How about you tell me what the hell you're doing in L.A?" I yell.

"Well I could ask you the same thing," He replied while crossing his arms. His damn sneaky looking smirk came on his face.

"I'm not the one who escaped from prison 5 years ago!" I shout in his face. He shushes me and pulls me into an alley.

"Look, I didn't know you were gonna be in L.A! I moved to New York when you let me go, then I moved to L.A.,"

"Ugh. Don't remind me of that night. I should've shot your ass," I snap at him.

He sighed and looked me in my eyes, "Rouge, don't say that. You and me both know that you don't mean that! If you really wanted to, you would have shot me! I'm sorry for everything!"

"Stop doing that, Mephiles!"

"Doing what?" He yelled at me.

"Stop making me lov- like you every time I finally get to hating you! It annoys the hell out of me!"

He sighs, "I'm sorry…I guess. Can we at least be friends?" He asked. I look him in the eyes and shake my head,

"You just don't get it do you," I whisper. I turn around to leave and walk back to the store. He grabs my left hand,

"Rouge, I-," He stops what he's saying when his hand trails down to my fingers and over my ring. He looks down at my hand and looks back up at me, "Y-you're m-married?"

I turned around to face him and cross my arms, "No, not yet. I'm engaged. Knuckles proposed about a year ago," I told him.

"Oh…Well…Congratulations. You two will make a happy couple," He whispered as he bent his head down.

"Yea. Well, I better get going," I turned back around to walk out of the alley.

At Friday's (The Restaurant)

After Shadow got his phone replaced, we all decided to go eat out at Friday's. Me and Sonic sat on one side of the booth, while Knuckles and Shadow sat on the other.

"I don't see why I can't sit next to my Sonic," Shadow pouted.

"Because I need to talk to him," I told him simply.

"You can't just talk to him across the table?"

"No, Shadow. This is really important,"

"How important?" He asked me.

"Very important," I told him as I turned to Sonic.

"Is it very very important?" He pestered.

"Yes, Shadow. It's very very important!" I snap at him.

"Is it very very very impor- AH!," He screamed as I threw a ketchup bottle at him. He ducked and it hit someone at the next table. I mouthed a sorry and got out of the booth and took Sonic's hand.

"We'll be right back," I told them. I pulled Sonic out of the booth and outside the restaurant.

"So, what did you wanna-,"

"I saw Mephiles!"

Sonic POV:

"…I'm sorry. I don't think I heard you right. Did you say you saw Mephiles? Or that you bought a new ladle?" I ask her slowly. She rolled her eyes.