10

Shadow's POV:

"Hello?"

"Rouge? I need your help,"

"Why? What's wrong?"

"It's about Sonic,"

"Something happened to Sonic?" She asked.

"Not really…I kind of said something I shouldn't have…"

I hear her sigh, "What'd you say, Shadow?" I can practically see her putting her hand on her hip and rolling her eyes.

"I umm, might have mentioned that he gained some weight," I answer her.

"What do you mean you 'might have mentioned'? What exactly did you say to him?" I take a deep breath.

"I was telling him things that I couldn't wait for. Like the first check-up, the first ultrasound, the birth and then I said, unintentionally, that I couldn't wait for him to gain more baby weight," I said slowly.

"WHAT? Why the hell would you call him FAT? You know the pregnancy is gonna throw his hormones all out of whack!" She yelled at me.

"Well, I didn't really know until now! Look, I didn't call for you to yell at me. I'm already doing that to myself. I just need some help on how to get to not be mad at me again,"

She sighed, "Ok. But, I'm telling you now, Shadow. This is the only time I'm helping you! Next time you just need to watch your mouth," I nodded even though I know she can't see me, "Here's what you do,"

Sonic's POV:

I can't believe he called me fat! That's the worst thing he's ever said to me! Ugh, I'm huge and the baby fat isn't even on yet. I'm gonna look like a giant whale and it's all Shadow's fault. Well, I kinda had a part in this, too. Maybe I did overreact. I mean, Shadow hardly thinks about what he says before he says it. These hormones are crazy.

Rrrrriiiiinnnnggg

I look at my phone and read the caller I.D: 'Sally' I smile and answer my phone.

"Hello?"

"Sonic!"

I laugh, "Hey, Sally. What's up?"

"I have some REALLY good news to tell you!"

"And what would that be?"

"I GOT AN ACTING JOB!" She screamed in my ear.

"REALLY? I can't believe it!"

"Me either! I aannnndd, I have to move to LA!"

"Really? When do you get here?"

"Um, my plane should land tomorrow at 2 pm. Think we could meet up at 3 at the café we went to when I came for your wedding? You, Shadow, Rouge, and Knuckles?"

"I don't know, Sally…" I tell her, "I have a doctor's appointment and I don't know how long it'll be,"

"A doctor's appointment? What's wrong? You feeling sick?" She asked me.

"Well, yea. A little. Just a little nausea that's all," The only people that know about the pregnancy are me, Shadow, Knuckles and Rouge. Not even me and Shadow's parents know.

"Well, then you could come a little late! I really want your opinion on my new boyfriend,"

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend?"

"Well, I was in New York and I met this guy. He's really sweet and has the green eyes! He moved to LA and I saw him at a park when I was there helping you guys look at houses. Since then, we've started dating. I just really want you guys approval. Please?" She answered.