22

"Of course. It tore them apart,"

"Exactly, but in the end they got back together and they're about to get married! If they can work out their problems, so can we. It takes two people to argue, Sonic. We'll always have our disagreements, but at the end of the day we'll always be husbands and those disagreements will fade away. I love you, Sonic and nothing and no one in the world can ever change that," I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"I love you, too," He pulled back and kissed me on my lips.

"You wanna go back to bed now?" I nodded my head and moved my arms from around his neck. I tried to move his arms from around my waist, but he wouldn't let go.

"What's wrong?" He smiled and shook his head.

"Nothing. I just… don't wanna let go of you," I laughed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Then how are we going to get upstairs? We can't walk like this," He nodded his head slightly.

"True, but I could just do this," He smiled at my confused expression and moved his hands from my waist to my thighs and lifted me over his shoulder.

"Ah! Shadow!" He laughed and turned around to walk towards the stairs.

"Yes?" Even though I can only see the back of his head I can still tell that he's gotta big smile on his face.

"Why couldn't you just let me walk?"

"Because I wanna hold you," He opened the door to our bedroom and let me down off of his shoulder. He kicked the door closed with his foot and kissed my forehead. "And I never wanna let go," He told me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"You have to let go sometime," I told him.

"No I don't," I rolled my eyes with a smirk on my face.

"What are you gonna do when I have to go back to work?"

He smiled, "Simple. I'll just write while I'm at the hospital with you. I can take my business meetings over the phone and web cam the tapings of the show," I shook my head and laughed.

"You're crazy, Shadow,"

"Crazy in love with you," He leaned down and kissed my nose. I turned around in his hold, so my back was pressed against his chest. We 'Penguin walked' to our bed and stood there at the side.

"How are we gonna do this?" I asked him.

"Um, okay. Turn around," I turned around and looked up at him as he turned around leaving me with looking at the back of his neck. "Now hop on my back," I smiled and put my hands on his shoulders. I hopped on his back and he placed his hands on my thighs. "Wrap your legs around my waist," I wrapped my legs around his waist and locked my ankles together. He turned towards the bed and climbed on it on his hands and knees. He stopped in the middle of the bed and slowly sat down. I unlocked my ankles and left my legs on each side of him. He turned around with my arms still around his neck and placed his arms on each side of me. He smirked and leaned down to kiss me.

"See? That wasn't so bad," I rolled my eyes again and kissed his nose.

"Sure, Shadow. Can we just go back to sleep?" He lied down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders when I laid my head on his chest.

"Goodnight, Sonic. I love you,"

"'Night, Shadow. I love you, too,"

                         ~~~~~~~~

"So? How are things with you and Shadow?" Rouge asked me as we walked through of one the aisles at Rite Aid.

I smiled and turned to her, "We're good. Everything's good. In fact, we're going out to lunch with his Mom at one o'clock" I glanced down at my watch and saw I only had half an hour to meet Shadow and his Mom at the restaurant.

"So you guys aren't mad at each other?" I shook my head and looked through the shelves.

"Nope. Not now at least. I told him how I felt about all the fights and arguments and he said that it's okay. He said that they weren't my entire fault. God, Shay. I just feel so…relieved. Even though I wished we would've talked at a normal time instead of three in the morning, I'm glad we got this talk out of the way. All my doubts are gone. I'm finally free and happy," I explained to her. She smiled and her eyes lit up.

"Aw! I'm so glad for you guys! I hope me and Knuckles get to be as happy as you guys,"

"You will be, Rouge! In fact, you guys already are. You two are basically the definition of true love,"

She cocked one of her eyebrows at me, "Seriously? You should just look at you and Shadow! All through senior year of high school and college you guys were the image of a perfect couple! I remember all of our friends saying at our college graduation saying 'Oh my God! They're still together?', 'They are so cute!', 'They make the perfect couple!', 'I hope I have a relationship like them!' People couldn't get enough of you guys! Believe me when I say that I love Knuckles with all my heart, but I can't help but feel a tiny bit of jealousy when I look at you two,"

I rolled my eyes at her, "Oh please, Rouge! You're just saying that,"

"Why would I lie?"

"Um… I'll get back to you when I think of a reason," She laughed and hit me on my arm.

"Did you find the medicine you needed?" She asked as we walked up to the counter. I looked at the two white pill bottles in my hand and nodded my head.

"Yea-, Oh, wait a minute. I'm missing one. Hold these for a minute?" I asked her. She nodded her head and took the bottles from my hand.

I turned around and walked down the aisle we were previously in and turned my head to look on both sides of the aisle. I stopped in front the left side shelves and looked at two different pill bottles. They both have names that I can't and probably won't ever be able to pronounce. I dig my phone out of my pocket and go to my messages. I was typing in the message when a gloved hand with a tissue smothered my mouth and nose. I dropped my phone and my hands flew to the arm that was wrapped around my neck.

"It doesn't matter how much you scream or writhe, sweetheart. You'll be out like a light soon," A voice whispered in my ear. My grip on her arm loosened as I kept breathing whatever was spilled on the napkin. What the fuck is happening? Who is this? I want, Shadow! I…want…Shadow…

Shadow's POV

"Shadow, have you heard from Sonic yet?" My Mom asked me.

"No, Mom. I'm getting worried. He's almost never late and even if he is he would call," I told her as I looked at my phone for the tenth time. Me and Sonic were supposed to meet my Mom at this restaurant called 'Under The Stars' at one. It's one-twenty. I know it's only twenty minutes, but Sonic is big on being prompt. Even if he's like five or ten minutes late he'll call. Something just doesn't feel right.

"Do you know where he is?" She asked me.

"He said he was gonna go to the Pharmacy with Rouge to pick up some vitamins that the doctor prescribed,"

"What vitamins? Is he sick?"

I took a deep breath and looked her in her eyes, "Well, we wanted to tell you this together, but I guess I have to tell you now. Um, Mom…Sonic is-," I stopped what I was saying as my phone started vibrating. I quickly picked up my phone and answered it.

"Hello? Sonic?"

"No, it's me," Rouge said through the phone.

"Rouge! Where are you guys? How long does it take to get medicine?"

"Shadow…we have a problem,"

"What problem, Rouge?"

"Sonic's gone,"

"What do you mean by gone, Rouge? Where the fuck is he?" I gritted through my teeth.

"We were at the counter when he said he was missing one more prescription. He went back to the aisle at the back of the store. When I went to see what was taking him so long, I saw his phone on the floor…and piece of paper next to it," She answered.

"What did it say?"

"It said 'All good things come to an end... –R,'"