21

After three Twilight movies:

"I still can't believe she actually chose Edward instead of Jacob! What about you, Shadow?" I turned my head from the screen and to my husband. Apparently he's…sleeping. I rolled my eyes and tried to get up from his lap. I can't because every time I try to move, his grip tightens on my waist.

"Shadow, wake up, sweetie. The movie's over," I said shaking him.

"Mmm …," He mumbled before pulling me closer to his chest. I rolled my eyes and tried to push myself away from him.

"Ugh! Shadow!" I yelled. His eyes snapped open and he looked up at me while his grip tightened.

"What's wrong, Sonic? What happened?"

"Nothing! The movie went off and you fell asleep. I tried shaking you awake, but you wouldn't wake up. Plus, I couldn't get out of your hold," He looked down at his arms and blushed. His arms dropped from my waist.

"Sorry about that. I just don't wanna let you go again," I smiled and stood up. I stuck my arms out to him when I was standing. He smiled and took my hands. With a little struggle, I pulled him up and hugged him tightly.

"You'll never lose me. In fact, you never lost me. Even if I wasn't there physically, I was still there in your heart. That's where I'll always be," I told him. He pulled away from the hug and leaned his forehead on mine.

"I love you," I leaned up and kissed him.

"I love you, too,"

After Shadow unhooked the projector, took down the lanterns and projector screen, and took the bean bag and blankets back in the Ranger's Cabin, we took the baskets and walked back to the car. He took the baskets from me and placed them in the trunk while I got in the passenger's seat. I was fiddling with my bracelet when I heard him close the car door.

"What's wrong? You still like it don't you?"

"Of course I do! I love it, Shadow! I was just…thinking," I told him.

"About what?" He asked as he started up the car and started pulling out of the park's parking lot.

"The babies. Us. What it's gonna be like after they're born,"

"Oh. Well…what do you think it's gonna be like?"

I shrugged, "I don't know; crazy, hectic, fun, busy…dangerous,"

"How is it gonna be dangerous?"

"…You're aunt," I whispered. I looked up from my bracelet and saw him tense up. I could tell he was grinding his teeth. His tight grip on the wheel made his knuckles turn white.

"Don't worry about him, Sonic. She's gone,"

"How do you know that?"

"Because…I handled it. You won't see him anymore,"

"But, Shadow-,"

"Look, Sonic, just drop it, okay? She's not your problem. We're safe, okay?" He interrupted.

Instead of replying, I just nodded and looked out of the window. After that, the car ride was silent. When he pulled into our driveway, I opened the door and unlocked the door to our house and went in without closing the car door. I threw the keys on the table next to the door and took my shoes off. I was on my way upstairs when heard Shadow lock the car and close the front door. When I got to our room, I took off my sweatshirt and left it at the foot of our bed.

By the time he came into the room, I had the covers over me and was pretending that I was sleep.

"I know you're not asleep. Sonic, I'm sorry for snapping at you in the car. I just don't want you to worry about him," He told me as he got in the bed. I turned around and looked at him.