One shot VI

This story is about the first time you made the mistake of barging into Kakashi's house instead of your own.

Like it was mentioned before, right after you both moved into your new apartment complex, neither you nor Kakashi noticed that you both lived right next door to each other immediately. In fact, after so long that you'd confessed to him, with a Third World Ninja War knocking on your front door, and Kakashi's after-paperwork as Konoha's Sixth Hokage, and also the fact itself that he was the Sixth Hokage, the two of you ceased to have much time to talk of much more than missions.

You'd both fallen prey to your jobs, and as of now, due to the lack of "staff", Kakashi had started to take a preference on you as a fellow coworker...

"Sorry... you want me to do what, now?" You asked, almost not wanting to believe the words that your old sensei sent your way.

"I need a certain Jonin to go out and do a certain mission, and he just so happened to be a brand new sensei of a brand new team of Genins. [Y/N], you're the only Jonin available that I trust this job enough on. You just have to be their sensei for a while. I won't send you on missions away from the village in the meantime, either." Kakashi explained, his eyes pretending to send you a look of pleading, though you could easily tell that he wasn't asking you anything.

You sighted in response, scratching the nape pf your neck with a slight hint of frustration.

"You know... earlier, when I was told you asked urgently for me, I don't even know why, but for a second, O felt a bit hopeful. But now you just come and drop a bomb on me like this...?"

"...I'll reward you accordingly." He replied, as you didn't (unfortunately) notice the glint in his eyes, and so, decided to shake your head in response.

"The only reward I'll want will be rest. I'll do it since you asked me all nicely and all, but I'll just say, I can't pick out a single reason for you to want me out of all people to do this. I'll warn you beforehand, Lord Sixth, I was only ever taught on how to be a student, not a teacher." You stated, smirking slyly at Kakashi, trying to provoke him as revenge, though he simply found it all the more amusing.

"I wish you the best of luck." He simply stated, as he handed you over a sheet of paper with the rest of the info you needed for your new 'mission'.

You simply wanted to drop dead on the ground after a whole week of dealing with those kids. From morning to evening, you didn't even have time to be with your friends, nor even glance over at Kakashi's face, even though he'd kindly invited you to visit and tell him all about the next generation of gennin you were training.

You took you keys out as you walked closer to your appartment's door, and without even looking at the door number, you simply turned your key on the keyhole, and entered the appartment. The lights' switch was on, but your mind quickly deduced that you'd been to tired before to mind the climate change, and so, forgot to turn the light switch off before.

You politely took out your shoes, headed to the living room, and decided to lay on the couch and sleep. After all, it was closer than the bed. And lucky you for deciding to be lazy and not reaching the bed that night...

You eyelids seemed to weight several pounds, so you quickly began to drift off to sleep, a single comment lingering on your mind as your mind drifted away into your dreamland:

"You really know how to invite yourself over, don't you?" --Followed with an elegant snicker.

When you woke up the next morning, you nearly screamed in horror when tou realized you'd woken up with a blanket over you, that you yourself hadn't put on yourself. But, when you saw Kakashi enter the room, you found yourself feeling troubled for not having a heavy object around to throw at him in revenge for frightening you.

He simply laughed at your figure and responded:
"Well, at least I don't have to present you with matching keys later."

His last few words, unfortunately, left you wondering for too long.

*************

(P.s.: After all that, you two simply had breakfast together, and off you went for another day with the "kindergarteners".)