Chapter 5.1

Today, the Team 7 was to departure to an escort mission to the Hidden Sand, and Naruto jumped up and down with excitement and joy, for not only was he at last going on a mission, but he would also have a chance to see his friend Gaara, the new Kazekage.

You stood at the entrance of the village, waiting for your sensei as usual, and your mission's host. Sakura and Naruto stomped their feet on the ground impatiently, ready to snap at Kakashi as soon as he showed up.

"Come on, Sakura-chan, I'm sure Kakashi-sensei has a good reason for being late." You try to pacify, holding in your laughter.

"Oh, out of all the times he was late, how good of an excuse could he possibly have this time?" Sakura retorted.

"...He got... lost in the path of life." You state, before stumbling backwards with laughter, as Sakura's face contorted into one of slight annoyance, before she began smiling at your joyous figure.

"Hey, everyone. Sorry I was late, I had to--" Your sensei begins, suddenly showing up with your mission's host.

"You're late! No matter how you look at it, Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto whines.

"Oh oh oh... so young and energetic..." The old man next your sensei says, chuckling at Naruto's figure.

"Oh, please forgive him, we'll make sure to shut him up next time." Sakura states, a threatening smile on her face directed towards Naruto, who simply whimpered in response.

"Ah, it's all right. We'll present ourselves on the way, let's get going now." The old man answered back.

******************

The trip to the Sand was quite calm. A good weather blessed you all throughout your journey, and once you arrived, Naruto and Gaara had a good quality "bros time", while the old man thanked you all for the good company you gave him during the mission.
As payment, he gave your sensei a scroll to which you didn't understand the contents of, but seemed to be important, for as you were all taking the trip back from the Sand, you were ambushed by a group of ninja. And although you were all able to get away easily, you now still kept your senses keen to a possible second ambush from them.

Night had fallen, and you all decided to set up camp in the middle of a crown of trees, by simply setting up a small fire and laying on the ground next to it for warmth during your rest.

"We're still close to the desert of The Sand, so the nights are extra cold in here." Sakura states, her figure shivering under the cold of the desert.

"I guess we could all snuggle up to keep ourselves warm, since we don't have tents nor blankets on us." You say, smiling wryly in response.

"That's a good idea! Sakura-chan, let's snuggle up together~~" Naruto beamed, as he approached Sakura.
You simply sighted at him, as Sakura punched him away.

"I'll sleep next to Sakura, and you and Sasuke can sleep next to us, Naruto. No joking around, now." You state, as you make your way to lay next to your pink-haired friend.

"...Fine." Naruto answered, clicking his tongue.

Kakashi layed on a tree branch above you all, keeping watch, as the rest of you went to sleep.

...It hurt...

....it hurt so much....

...your body was hurting with an excruciating pain...

...you could see the clouds, the blue skyes... a view that made your pain ease, even if only for a little bit....

...the crowns of tall trees suddenly reach your vision...

....before your head crashes on the ground, your body falling limp... numb and submersive to the darkness that surrounded your vision.

Your eyes shot open and you immediately notice your ragged breath.

'...That dream, again...'

You look up to the sky to see the still night. You'd probably only slept for a couple of hours.

You get up from your spot next to Naruto and Sakura, and make your way towards a small river that was close by, and splash your own face with water, to refresh yourself. You look up to the moon, sighting.
That dream you had, probably had something to do with when you first arrived to this world, but you simply couldn't figure it out. Everytime you began thinking about giving up on solving the mystery, you'd have that dream again. As if to remind you you didn't belong in where you stood.

You slowly begin walking back to where the rest of your teammates were, and notice the spot you were sleeping in got occupied in the meantime, by Naruto's leg. You sight, looking up to the tree your sensei was in, only to notice his eyes closed in what seemed to be a profound rest. He was either sleeping, or he was simply resting his eyes. But either way, you didn't want to bother him.

The fire had long gone out, and so, you head towards a small trunk that stood next to it, and sit down on it.

'Kakashi-sensei's also out, so I guess I'll stay on lookout for him...'
You think to yourself.

You didn't know when, but at some point, you too began to doze off once again, your head wobbling over to the side, begging you to lay down. Until then, you'd been too cold to be able to fall asleep, but tiredness seemed to finally begin to take a toll on you.

When your head finally gave out, and tombed over to the side, you didn't fall to the ground, for a shoulder suddenly layed out support for it...