One shot I

About a year after you got stuck in the world of "Naruto" and was finally able to pass the academy's exam, becoming a gennin of the infamous Team 7 of the Leaf, you were now struggling with your own habilities and self-confidence, via the situation you were in.
No one would blame you for it. You were a rookie surrounded by some of the strongest ninja in the whole world, and you, who only had the strong to reference yourself with, felt weak and useless. For you began to care for the ones around you, and you could never protect them, but they could always protect you. It was frustrating.

During one early, and once again, sleepless morning in Konoha, you decided to roam around the forest, once again visiting the place you were first seen at.

It seemed like the center of a crown: the trees created a circle the let only a few rays of sunlight shimemer through the center of it, creating an almost fantasy-like scenario.
This place seemed to always be unchanging. You'd given up searching for a way out of this world through this place months ago, already.

You sight as you take another look around the area, and as you prepared yourself to leave, you're suddenly interrupted by a loud howl.
You freeze in your tracks, trying to make sure you heard it right... and there it was, once again, the howling.
Whatever it was that emitted such a sound, sounded like it was hurt. So you pull a kunai off your weapons pouch, and slowly walk towards the sound, ready to protect yourself from whatever resounded it, in case it attacked you.

Your heart drops to the ground when you notice a baby cub rolling up on the ground with both fear, and pain.
You quickly put your weapon back inside your pouch, before running over to the cub to check for injuries.

You unwrap a bandage you wore on your thigh and begin to cover a wound the cub had on one of its forepaws, the cub whimpering and panting in pain.
If only you knew any water-type jutsus, or could at least summon some water to help disinfect the wound, but as you were now, this was all you could do. Though you'd thought about bringing the cub to the village for help, but then again what would the people inside say to the fact that you'd brought a wolf inside...?

The cub looks up to you slowly, and blinking a few times, begins to sit up.
"...You saved me, human." It said, making you fall back to the floor in shock.
"But I'm afraid I'm still not completely out of my problems. Tell me, will you save me again?"

"....Er..."

"I fell from the realm of the summoned into yours, and got hurt in the process. I can reward you, if you help again."

"...W-What do you want me to do...?" You stutter.

"Make me your summoned, and become my summoner. Create a contract with me. That way, I may finally return home."

The words of the cub lingered in your mind. It got lost from its world, and wanted to return home. Unlike you, the cub had a way out, and that way out, right now, was you. You nod before looking at the baby wolf wearing a worried expression:

"I'm sorry, I would love to help. But I don't know how to create a contract." You state.

"It's easy, I'll help. Just give me some of your blood and chakra by placing your finger on me. I'll do the rest."

You did as told. You bit your finger and passed it through the forehead of the cub, as you infused some chakra through you hand, and a small light seemed to glisten from the eyes of the tiny beast. Entranced, you find yourself staring at the cub, and when you realize your own state, the wolf seemed to smile back at you.

"Thank you. From now on, when you call me, I'll always be there to protect you. That's my reward to you. As a last request, please give me a name." You look back at the cub wearing a puzzled expression, before it explains:
"Not all of us have a name in that world. Many times, wil you find that their names were given by shinobi such as yourself. So please, give me mine."

You thought for a moment. Your mind webt blank when you needed it the most, but as you looked over to the cub, a thought came up to your mind... your eyes widen at the thought, and you feel a rush of blood creeping onto your cheeks.
The wolfs fur was grey like ashes, and its eyes were dark like charcoal.

You weren't going to name the cub after your sensei who was even still young, alive and kickin', that would sound simply wrong. And so, an obviously cheesy yet fitting name came to mind...

"...Would Grey be acceptable for you...?" You ask, hesitantly. The cub's tail begins to whip the air and a smile seemed to widen on its cheeks, making you sight in relief.

"Thank you, hooman. Tell me now, what's the name of my saviour?"

"...It's  [Y/N]. Pleased to make your acquaintance." You answer, smiling.

Grey bows down graciously at the sound of your name, as you stand, mesmerised with the scene presented to you.

"My life, is yours, [Y/N]." The wolf says, before poofing away in a ball of smoke.

****************

You walked down the evening streets of Konoha humming a sweet song. After meeting the one that named you its saviour, you felt hope over yourself rise once again, and a burning flame that made you want to get better.
A hand taps on your shoulder, making  you turn around to see your sensei, which in return, for some strange reason, made you feel like smiling.

"Kakashi-sensei, good afternoon." You greet.

"You seem to be in a good mood, [Y/N]. Did something good happen today?" He asks in turn, smiling back at you.

"Hm... I suppose you could say that I was saved... or that I saved, perhaps? Either way, it was a good day." You reply. At your response, Kakashi seems to tense up.
"Sensei, I promise, I'll try extra hard from now on so that I won't have to be saved anymore. Please, put up with me for a little while longer." You grin.

Kakashi's shoulders lower in relief, and he simply sights, before picking up his book to stick his nose on.

"Well, I'm glad you're all energised now. Whatever you may need, I'll be there to help you accomplish it." He states.

And for a moment, you almost thought that, that book was but only a way to hide all that tenderness you so much appreciated from him.