Chapter 5.3

Your body felt like it would tumble over to the side in fear, but you had to do something. Whilst the fighting seemed to have momentarily paused so that the Akatsuki members could enjoy the view of Naruto's rampage, you took your chance to jump into the scene....

*******************************

You run in front of Naruto, picking up a dropped kunai from the floor on your way, and stand protectively.

"[Y/N]..." Kakashi whispers, his voice hoarse with pain.

"I'm here, sensei, Naruto! So calm down! Naruto! I promise everyone will be alright, so don't give in!" You state in a loud voice, hoping that your words would reach your friend.

"Another lass joined the game?" Kisame said, laughing under his breath.

"Uuu... this ought to be fun!" Tobi stated.

You clenched your teeth in annoyance.

"[Y/N]... go.. away..."
But you simply ignored your sensei's plea. It hurt, his voice, his hurt figure... you'd lost a lot of events while you weren't with your team, but you'd now do your best to make up for it. You looked back and smirked at Kakashi and Naruto, as you noticed how hard Naruto was fighting against his beast's transformation, and said:

"Y'know what, Kakashi-sensei, Naruto? You may not know of this, but although I may be weak in comparison, I have strong allies." You bit your thumb once again and placed your hand on the ground, pouring out as much chakra as you could.
"Grey, my summoned, is no ordinary ninja wolf..."
Dozens of wolves began poofing up from all around you, and a wry smirk reached your lips.
"He's the alpha of his pack. And when you make a contract with the alpha... You make a contract with the rest."

Your statement had solid proof all around you. Wolves growled and roared towards Kisame and Tobi.

...You knew even this wouldn't be enough, and you were already close to giving it all you had.

You could summon hundreds more, but it still wouldn't be enough against members of the Akatsuki.

You were smart, but in a stern situation like this, your brain couldn't think up of much...

You just had to go with what you had.

Wolves charged towards Kisame and Tobi, one of them slashing the wolves with his chakra absorbent sword, and the other simply enjoying the show, and easily dodging the animals.

...Your body was beggining to ache. You summoned more and more everytime another was cut out.

Perhaps it was due to the fact that you belonged from another world, your body, as a way to adapt itself to the new world, developed through time your chakra source, but it was still very limited.

You had as much as a ninja with below the average amount. That's why over the past few years, you'd rather trained your taijutsu the most.

It was foolish of you, for you knew that taijutsu you do you no good against a member of the Akatsuki, which your team 7 was bound to encounter along the way.
Even though you already knew this, you kept up your training that way.

You soon ran out of chakra to summom any more, and so, even Grey had to leave you.

You panted hard as you glared to the two Akatsuki members, paying close attention to Kisame, which was the one who was most likely to attack. But you didn't forget about Tobi, for you knew that could, if he wanted, make Naruto dissappear into his void with that ocular power of his at any second.

All you had now to protect yourself, you sensei, and Naruto, was a mere kunai in hand.

"...When I was younger, people used to tell me that you can win any fight barehanded, if you're smart enough, even if your opponent holds a gun to your guts." You mutter, panting hard.

Kisame sends a puzzled look towards you.

"What in the world is a 'gun', woman?" He questions, as you simply smirk in response.

"It's nothing in this world."

"Huh?! She's a crazy one." He stated, before laughing with pleasure at your face.

'All I have left is to entertain them until Sakura or Sasuke come to aid us. I can't take Naruto and sensei and flee... we wouldn't even be able to escape in the first place.'

You hear a groan from behind you, and look back, noticing Kakashi getting up from the floor, his injury still bleeding out.

"S-Sensei...!" You felt like this was going to end badly for someone, and it didn't seem like that someone was going to be one of the Akatsuki members.

"You fought on your own for long enough..." He said, his voice still hoarse, and his sharingan well in sight.

"Yeah! Thanks, [Y/N]! Thanks to you, this time I had enough to calm myself down!" Naruto states from behind you.

He still had two tails sticking out from his back, and his body was covered in the red that the tailed beast left behind on him, but his face now seemed sane, in the least.

A member of your team was gone, your sensei got severely hurt, and the team was seperated by possibly four Akatsuki members at once. No wonder it was for you, that Naruto'd been in that state.

You three stood tall, although looking like you could all fall over at any second.

"...Kisame..." Tobi calls out. "How about we leave already...? I just acquired some very interesting information with this visit." He said, a cheerful tone covering his voice.

"What? Things were just getting a little interesting now."

"Let's just go~~"

"...Fine. Let's go get Itachi and the other creep."

Your eyes widened. If he said Itachi, then that would probably mean that he was the reason why Sasuke wasn't here right now... it made you feel a little worried about him.

Once Tobi and Kisame had gone, Naruto sights in relief, to your surprise, whilst Kakashi simply kept analysing your surroundings.

You needed to go now, that your sensei and Naruto were alright, you needed to make sure Sakura was okay, and Sasuke, your biggest worry, what would be of him now?
You stepped foward, clicking your tongue at your legs that kept insisting on giving out.

"[Y/N]? What's wrong?" Kakashi asks, you simply ignoring his worried tone.

You begin walking wobbly, in the direction of Deidara's explosions from before, but end up crashing onto the floor, your body not moving an inch, against your command.

You feel your sensei and Naruto running over to you, but you only felt your hard breaths, suppressing the sounds and words your teammates sent in your direction.

You heard nothing, you felt nothing, and eventually, you saw nothing.