20. Grumpy Beginnings(Edited)

I touched the dead end when I chased you but found myself when I ran behind the shadow I carry.

Third person's POV

A day passed away with everyone busy with wedding preparations. And here in India the Gill's and Khanna's boarded a flight to Canada, their bags huffing and puffing with gifts. For them it was indeed a required vacation after years.

Anna and Marie(Anna's mom) weren't suppose to know about Marie's parents visit, so left Rose no one knew about it.

Inside the flight.

"Avni, this is my first time visiting a foreign country also my first flight experience. I wish Vaani and Aarohi would have been with us, don't you feel the same?" Meher sobbed her feelings out.

"Shush! The men are not far if they'll hear us speaking about our daughters they'll almost kill us..." The creases on Avni's forehead wrinkled more as she shushes Meher, "Are we even alive without our daughters?" Avni's silence gave her an answer.

It was time now for them to reach where mission Clover's last wish was to be accomplished.

In Canada.

Upon reaching the exit of the airport Nimit irritatingly questioned Veer, "Where's that girl? Wasn't she supposed to pick up from the airport?" With this question Veer's face hardened, he somewhere knew this girl wasn't trustworthy but still he came here.

"Let's wait...Itna time flight me baith gaye toh ab kyu nahi thoda aur ruk jate hai na?"

(English translation: Let's wait...where we have travelled so much why not wait for a little more?)

Fifteen minutes passed by and there was no sign of Rose. Our Indian guests were getting frustrated, Rose was unaware of Mr. Khanna's anger well her mother never told her about it. And nearly after twenty five minutes, Rose stood straight her left hand with a board asking for GILLS and KHANNAS. 

When after minutes of waiting their eyes fell on the board displaying their names shock filled their faces. Rose's attire bothered them well her face wasn't visible as the board covered it. They kept glaring at each other with utter silent blow, they've hardly seen this in Punjab.

But for her, the moment was blissful. She was seeing her grandparents for the first time, their features so different from the people in here. Her face shone with her beauty and the smile she carried but theirs was still the same.

"Hello, I am Rose Taylor." She took her hand ahead with so much confidence that shattered immediately when none of them responded to it. Women here weren't judgmental but our dear grandfathers already judged about Rose having less of values and no good culture imbibed in her.

"Umm...okay have you guys booked any hotel or something?" She questioned them while fidgeting with her fingers, "Naah...we both will be staying at our relatives place for a few days." Replied Nimit Gill a.k.a Anna's grandpa.