15. Who is Hazel? (Edited)

So here's the new chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment ♥️

♡♡♡
Sometimes we all are wrong and we know that but it's the inner feeling which doesn't agree and at that time we all want someone to agree with us."
♡♡♡

Rose's POV

Police? No. I won't let them call the cops. What if they get the CCTV cameras of Georgia's apartment checked?
They'll definitely come to know who that guy was and once Xavier is caught he won't leave me.

Xavier will kill HIM. I don't want him to die.
Even though I don't mean anything to that person but he means everything to me.

Gabe was too curious about Xavier he was adamant to call the police but in the end he gave up and Dave somehow was quiet all the time, does he know anything about Xavier?

Gabe and Georgia were throwing numerous questions at me.
At what time did he come?

Did you shout loud?

Did you call the neighbors out?

Why didn't you call us?  etcetera.

Okay, I need to shut their mouths.

Think, Rose. Think something to shut them up, "Ah, ouch. My feet, it's hurting." I clutched my foot tightly dragging eyes at me, "Your left foot was stabbed not right, Ms. Clumsy." I Just felt like someone slapped me hard. 

Dave, he caught my lie but I still tried pulling it, "I know I wa-was just holding the right one. Gabe, why did you bring him here? Please ask him to leave."

"Are you kidding me, Ms. Attention sucker? We have billions of work, responsibilities unlike you." Seriously attention sucker? The Dave he was before Gabe came was a better version than the Dave standing in front of me now.

I questioned him bottling my expectations down, "Did I ask you to come behind me?" He shook his head laughing at my face, "No you didn't but that's what you wanted, right?"

With each passing second he was changing into a person I didn't wanted to see but it's not like he cares. I pretended like it actually didn't matter to me as well, "Oh really, then what billions of work do you have or let me guess you have billions of cash to deal with. I  actually don't understand who made you a billionaire for starters."

By the end I was panting like a dog. He took his finger and rushed to me, "You-" Before he could reach me he was stopped by Gabe, "Dave. Dave, please stop we're grown up. Let's stop fighting like kids, okay?"

We hummed in response. But there was no way I was going back so I tried my words on Gabe, "Gabriel, Umm...please leave me. I don't wish to come back." I left the living room and walked to the room I was staying in, leaving them there.

Few minutes later.

The bed suddenly felt like it was swallowing me up, am I being eaten up? My eyes were fixed on the book I was reading

"Rose."
"Ah." I screamed after hearing someone calling out for me that too in my ear and before I slit my eyes open I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, "Rose it's me, Gabriel open your eyes, I tried knocking the door you didn't gave any response."

I exhaled a huge sigh and hugged him with relief taking it's place, "I thought you both might have left till now." I graced him as he sat in front of me holding my palms in his, "Rose, before you say anything hear me out once, okay?"

While I nodded he engulfed a deep breath and continued with seriousness filling in both of his orbs now, "Rose, I know Anna was wrong she creates bizarre every time she's upset and you know this better than me, right?"

"Yes but-" He shushed me.

"She was upset about me not giving her proper time and she wanted you to just take her side even if she was wrong.
Sometimes we all-all are wrong and we know that but it's the inner feeling which doesn't agree and at that time we all want someone to agree with us."

"Hmm, you're right." But this doesn't give you a right to hurt someone when their intentions are pure, "Rose, as far as Anna is concerned I know you guys are the best friends since kindergarten. I don't want to come between you guys, you know it's just that..." He wasn't coming between us and I wanted to assure him the same.

Giving him a gentle squeeze I assured him, "Hey, hey you're not coming between us, okay?" He went quiet for what felt like an age.

When he tried speaking again his eyes were reflecting pain this time, "Rose, you mean a lot to me although I don't know much about you still. Ever since the day I saw you... you're like so much like her."

Her?

"You both resemble so much that the resemblance is just uncanny." He was confusing me now. Who was she?

"Who?" He smiled, smiled a painful smile.

"Hazel, the only person I loved after my parents." Was she any of his past girlfriends? "I'm sorry if I-" He cut my apology, apology of reminding her, "It's fine." I waited to know more about Hazel and more about who she was.

And he did, he did continue, "When I was twenty one that's like seven years ago, I wanted to be independent not to continue my father's business and medicine influenced me lot. There was still a  year left for me to complete my degree plus Hazel's birthday was coming up almost after 3 months."

Gabriel held his head high, his eyes were flooded with water but he didn't let them come out.
I placed my cheek to his chest and hugged him tight, that tight that his pumping heart's cry reached my ear.

"She was 15 and still was fantasized by barbie dolls. We once visited a mall with my family she then saw a doll house there. But didn't ask anyone to buy it for her although it was expensive but for dad, not at all. There was this sh-shine in her eyes when she saw that house.

 I thought I found a perfect birthday present for her and was working part time at a chemist's only to give her that gift by my own money. Three months ended and I didn't gave her that present at night instead I waited for her to come back fr-from from school-she s-she-"

"She what, Gabe?"

"She-she I los-lost her to an-an accident." Hearing this my tears didn't stop nor did his. I lunged onto him, he cried quietly but somewhere his eyes were screaming in pain and so was his heart.

When he pulled back I questioned him, "Who is Hazel?" He looked numbly into my eyes, I regretted asking him. Before I could stop digging in deep he answered.

"My little sister." I was dumbfounded hearing this.

"Shush, I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked you." By now I was asking him to stop crying when I was the one who was crying.

He was just weeping from within.

Wiping my tears he gazed into my eyes with his teary ones, "Hazel was just like you bubbly, troublemaker and what Dave calls you attention sucker, right?"

I nodded, "This name is passed on to you. Dave used to always get irritated by her but loved her more. Her grey eyes with a hint of blue, blonde at tails and black above she had a combination of everything passed from our parents. Eyes, hair almost everything and that too all visible and opposite."

But I failed to understand what he did in the end, did he really laugh or cried silently?

********

Hello readers. Hope you guys are doing good♡

Thanks for reading this chapter don't forget to share like and comment on this chapter.

Love you

STAY SAFE.