Nighlok Dream

Normal POV

"We'll tell her tomorrow," Ballade says.

"I thought we agreed to wait a little longer, because she is still having a tough time moving around," Fiarce says.

"Fiarce, we put this off long enough," Ballade says.

"I know," Fiarce sighs.

Tracy's POV

I  turn over onto my side to look at the alarm clock after I had that same dream about another half nighlok except when this one changes into its human form. It looks like a spitting image of me just a little older. Every time I've asked for its name, all the woman says is her name is Jacqueline and that she is my mom. The clock says 5:30 am, so I roll over onto my back and stare at the ceiling, trying to fall back asleep. Then the feelings I've felt since I turned thirteen begin flooding back into my system, and the only thoughts on my mind are, why don't I look like I'm even related to anyone in my family. Could I be adopted? If I am, how can my birth mother be a half nighlok? Was I just a mistake they gave away to another family to deal with, so my birth parents gave me up to avoid raising a child? How is it possible that Amelia and Angela inherited the ice Shiba family power if we aren't even related? I'm not a part of the Burlew family and never was, no matter what my birth certificate says.

Luna was sleeping in the triplets' room tonight, so I didn't have to worry about waking her up as I silently got out of bed. I'm grateful that Ashley is a heavy sleeper, as she doesn't even stir when the floorboard squeaks as I tiptop over to the dresser. I change into one of my favorite outfits since I'm positive I won't be getting any more sleep. I wrap a blanket around me and leave the room. I had two options on what to do next, either doing a little star gazing or going for a walk in the forest. I hoped that either activity would help to erase all these thoughts from my mind. After sitting outside on the bench and looking at the stars for about twenty minutes, I realized that looking at the stars wasn't helping me clear my mind one bit. Even though I know taking a walk alone through the forest is a bad idea since I don't have my Samurizer after mom made me give it to her because I'm still having a small issue moving around due to the soreness after the surgery. I don't care that I can't defend myself if I were to get attacked. I head back inside to get my hoodie and head out the back exit. As I zipped it up, slowly lifting my head, I bumped into Antonio as he walked out of the kitchen, leaving for his morning fishing trip.

"Hey, Angelfish, what are you doing up so early? You've mentioned it several times that you don't get out of bed before the sun is up," Antonio says.

"Well, My Golden Knight, I've had the same dream for the past few nights about another half nighlok. Its human side is a woman, and she keeps saying that her name is Jacqueline, and she is my mom," I say, "That dream keeps bringing back the feelings I felt since I turned 13," I continue looking down at my feet.

"Have you told your parents about your feelings?" Antonio asks as he places his hand on my shoulder.

I slowly look up at him, "No, the first time I had these feelings, it was when the triplets were recovering from having their tonsils removed." 

"Did you try to talk to them once the triplets were better?" Antonio asks.

"I wanted to, but a part of me told me I shouldn't because if I were adopted, then I'd be disrespecting the people who were so willing to bring me into their home and raise me. I didn't want them to hate me," I reply.

"How about after we take that walk you mentioned and when we get back. Everyone should be awake so you can tell your parents how you feel. Since you did promise to be more honest with them, remember?" Antonio says. 

"Wait, you aren't going fishing?" I ask, noticing that Antonio was putting his cart away. 

"I can go fishing anytime the fish aren't going anywhere," Antonio jokes as he laces his fingers in between mine. 

Antonio made a quick stop by his and Jayden's room to get a blanket. He said it would be better to sit on it instead of the damp grass once we get to our destination. 

Normal POV

Tracy and Antonio get halfway into the forest. When Tracy begins to have a feeling of déjà vu as things start to play out as they did in her dream, all except for Antonio being her side. They reach the clearing. Antonio lets go of Tracy's hand. He puts the blanket down on the grass in front of them. The duo sits down, and Tracy sets her head on his shoulder. Then she glances up at the stars again. 

"Hey, I think I can find the constellation Hercules," Tracy says.

"Do you think you can show me?" Antonio asks.

"Sure," Tracy says.

Tracy reaches her right hand up to the sky. Antonio puts his on top of hers as Tracy moves it across the sky.  At the moment, Tracy forgot what Antonio had originally asked her to do as she looked at their hands intently instead of the stars. Noticing how perfectly their fingers line up makes her think about if that means they are meant to be since she can't focus on anything else but them being together forever and starting a family of their own.  

 Her thoughts are interrupted as Antonio moves his hand away. He apologizes as she falls over onto her side, and he quickly stands up. Tracy lets out a small groan as she slowly sits up. The next thing Antonio does is summon his barracuda blade. Her eyes widen in shock as she gets to her feet and sees the same nighlok comes walking up to them. Antonio puts his right arm out to protect Tracy in case the nighlok attacks them.

"I won't let you hurt me or my fellow ranger, nighlok," Antonio says.

"Relax, gold ranger, I'd never attack my daughter," the nighlok says.