Angela's First Battle

Normal POV

Ten minutes later, the group reaches the entrance to the forest when some more moogers attack them. Tracy looks down at Angela and kneels in front of her, placing her hands on her little sister's shoulder. She realizes that she is going to have no choice but to have her help them fight them. Since she and the others haven't fully recovered from the previous battle.

"Angela, I know Kevin may not like this idea, but we are going to need your help fighting off these moogers," Tracy says.

"You're right, Tracy, I think your idea is terrible. I mean how much damage can a five-year-old to a mooger when it's twice her size?" Kevin says.

"We don't have to argue about this Kevin, none of us have much symbol power left after fighting that nighlock earlier," Ashley says.

"So, do I get to morph?" Angela asks.

"Yes, so that means I won't be able to. Are you ready?" Tracy asks.

Angela nods confidently and eagerly takes out her morpher. Tracy smiles as Anglea mimics her older sister and perfectly paints the ice symbol then morphs into a mini silver ranger. Everyone but Tracy and Lauren morph again, and they charge in towards the moogers. Kevin takes over the five moogers that ganged up on him and is impressed when he looks to his right, seeing Angela copying his last attack with her sword as she takes out a mooger.

Tracy turns around to see the moogers deiced to pick off Angela. They thought she was an easier target due to her size and lack of training. Tracy decides to help her little sister out. She uses her blizzard symbol power to make a mini ice rink underneath the moogers feet.

"Angela, how about we teach these moogers what the words Teke, Ruka, and Teleza mean in English?" Tracy shouts.

Angela jumps into the air while Tracy flips over to her sister's side. They land on top of the ice. The sisters shout Teke as the girls perform a stomp kick to the moogers stomach. The moogers fall into their backs and slide down the ice and make the rest of them fall over like dominoes. They crash into a tree; then slowly start to stand up.

"Can we do a double finishing move?" Angela asks.

"I don't think I have enough symbol power left to do that, so I'm going to have to tell you how to do it by yourself," Tracy replies.

After Tracy gives her sister the directions on how to do it, Angela follows her sister's instructions exactly.

"Frostbite," Angela shouts as she jumps into the air slashing it with her sword.

Kevin and Lauren are in shock. Angela's attack didn't take the moogers that attacker her, but the reminisce also destroyed the ones they were fighting as well. Tracy jumps into the air and gets behind her sister when she sees the kick from the attack sending Angela flying backward towards a tree. The last thing Tracy remembers before things faded to black is her teammates shouting her and Angela's name, as well as the clacking sounds from their swords as they hit the ground.

Isabella's POV

I wasn't too concerned when Lauren didn't return so I told Francesca that we should head to the Shiba house. We met Tracy's family and learned more about the oldest child Chris. He was in a car accident, and the doctors found a tumor on his brain.

"I'm sure Tracy was upset when you told her about the tumor," I say, "Even though I'm sure she is happy that it's not cancerous, Tracy must be worried about how Chris will be after he recovers from the surgery," I continue.

"Wow, I'm amazed how well you can read into our daughter's thoughts and feelings, especially after knowing her for only a few minutes," Ballade says.

"Believe me, Ballade, one mother to another, I'm just following my maternal instincts and nothing more," I say.

A few seconds later, Aaron bursts into the room with tears rolling down his face.

"Aaron, what's wrong sweetie?" Ballade asks.

"Tracy and the others are back. They got attacked, and Sissy and Angela got hurt," Aaron answers trying to hold back his tears.

Ballade, Fiacre and I quickly get up from the table, and we immediately leave the kitchen then head to the recovery room. We enter to see Francesca place a damp cloth on Angela's forehead then wraps her right wrist up with a bandage. Ji is carefully trying to stitch a cut closed on Tracy's back. I go over to him to help him. I see several splinters stuck in her back.

"Ji, what happened during the fight?" I ask.

"Tracy had no choice but to have Angela morph to help the other fend off some moogers. When she had Angela use their family's final attack, the backlash sent Angela flying back towards a tree." Ji explains.

"I'm guessing, from how Tracy has more serious injuries that she must have used her body as a shield to protect Angela," I say.

"I wouldn't put it past her since Tracy was just doing what she thought was right, being her older sister," Ji says.

I help him wrap a dressing around Tracy's back to cover the spots where the splinters where removed. Then Ji carefully rolls her over to lay her down on the bed. A minute or two later, Tracy's eyes dart open, as she winces in pain when she quickly sits up. Then Aaron runs up and gives her a big hug.

"Aaron, careful, sweetie, your sister is going to be sore," I say trying to pull him away.

Tracy turns her head, and I see tears begin to form in her eyes.

"Tracy, what's wrong?" I ask.

"I knew we were tired from battling the nighlok before the moogers attacked us. But I still made the wrong decision asking Angela to help us. She could have gotten seriously injured," Tracy says.

After I pry Arron away, Ballade and Fiacre come over. I hand Arron to Fiarce. Ballade wipes the tears away from Tracy's eyes, before slowly laying her back down on the bed.

"Tracy, Honey, you shouldn't be beating yourself up like this," I say, "Even though right now it may feel like you've made the wrong choice. But, you didn't, having Angela help you was the only option all of you had at the time," I continue.

"Isabella is right. Tracy, no one is going to get mad at you; all you were doing was trusting your instincts." Ballade says.

"Yes, and for that, we're proud of you," Fiarce says.

"Don't worry about Angela. She is going to be fine. All you need to do right now is try to get some rest," Ballade says.