Packing and Confidence Boost

JI's POV

Jayden and I finished preparing the bedroom for Tracy's younger siblings. We walk into the kitchen, and Jayden sits down at the table. I pour us some lemonade and set it on a tray with some snacks. I walk over to the table. Before I sit down, I place it down on the table and sit down in the chair next to me.

"Are you sure having three five-year-old children staying here is a good idea?" Jayden asks as he picks up a glass of lemonade.

"Jayden, I can assure you that Tracy's father, Fiacre, will make sure the triplets will be on their best behavior while they are staying with us,"

"Has Tracy done any training?" Jayden asks, placing the empty cup back on the tray.

"No, he and his wife just focused on training Christopher to become the silver ranger,"

"What happened to Christopher?" Jayden asks.

"He was in a car accident,"

"That's terrible, Is he going to be alright?" Jayden asks.

"All I was told the doctor put him in a medically induced coma,"

"So, Tracy has been living a normal life for 18 years. Now, she has to take her brother's place. Tracy must be feeling pretty scared and nervous. She has had a lot of responsibility and pressure thrown at her all at once." Jayden says, "She must be worried about Christopher too. Do you know anything about Tracy that might help me while I'm training with her?"

"Fiacre did mention that she loves to sing and has been taking Ballet classes since she was four."

Tracy's POV

I still can't believe that I'm going to have to become the silver ranger. I guess that means even if I get accepted to one of the colleges I applied to it won't matter since I can't go. Plus, I still need to decide if I want to become a Veterinarian specializing in reptiles or inspire young dancers to follow their dreams and get a bachelor's of fine arts dance degree and open a dance studio.

I guess I shouldn't think about that. Now, I need to start packing and focus on becoming a ranger. Not to mention making my parents and my brother proud and not letting anyone down.

We head inside, and I go to my room. I take out my phone and decide to open a new conversation to text Ashley instead of calling her. I don't want to start crying - again.

'Hey, Ash, I found out why I got the message arrow instead of Chris.'

'Why did you get the arrow?'

'Chris was in a car accident.'

'OMG, is he going to be okay?'

'He is in a medically induced coma. Now I have to take his place as the silver ranger,'

'I'm sorry, Tracy, *hug emoji* and don't worry you'll be a great ranger.'

'Thanks for the vote of confidence Ash. I need to start packing. My dad and siblings are going to come with me to the Shiba house.'

'You're welcome, and I told my dad about getting my arrow. He told me that I'd be leaving too, so I can help you train,'

'Great, having you there, will help me be less nervous about this whole thing,'

'See you soon BFF,'

I put my phone back in my pocket. I go over to my closet, take out my suitcase and go over to my bed. I put it down and open it. Five minutes later, I close the suitcase and zip it up. I pick it up and hear a knock at my door.

"Come in,"

I turn around, and dad walks over to me.

"Are you ready to go?" Dad asks.

"Yes, and dad when Chris gets better, will he be taking my place since he was supposed to be the silver ranger? Do you think I can fill his shoes?"

Dad moves my hair away from my eyes before he kisses my forehead and says, "Sweetheart, when Chris does get better it won't be a good idea to have him take your place. Your mother and I never compared you to him when you were going up, and we don't plan to start now."

"Are you and mom going to be okay when Chris does get released from the hospital when I'm away?"

"Don't worry about us sweetheart. I called Uncle Matt, and he'll be flying out tomorrow. Just stay focused on your training to be ready to fight Master Xandred." Dad says.

Dad and I head downstairs to the kitchen. We walk into the room, and I see a box on the table. I walk over to the table, set my suitcase down and pick up the box. I look over at dad, and he gives me a reassuring nod. I slowly open it. I set the lid down, and the snow leopard folding zord jumps out of the box. I scream and fall backward and land on my back. The zord lands on my chest. It walks up to my shoulder when I start to sit up.

"Dad, why did the zord do that?"

"I'm not sure sweetheart, but are you okay?" Dad asks helping me up.

"I'm fine,"

I look inside the box and see my morpher and the sliver power disk. I put them in my pocket and turn to face mom.

"Mom, I know you and dad believe in me, but I'm still scared that I might let you down,"

"Tracy, your father and I love you, and we know you'll make us proud. You're going to be a great power ranger," Mom says.

"Thanks, mom, but you will call to tell me any changes in Chris condition, right?"

"Yes, honey, I will," Mom says.

"Come on, Sweetheart. We need to get going. We don't want to miss our flight to Panorama City," Dad says.