Chapter 11

Kai's POV

I'm still just sitting on Lukas' bed, lost in my thoughts. Lukas was really going to help me? It's hard to believe that this man is the same one from yesterday.

I realize something important, "I don't have anything. No car or clothes. I'm practically homeless now."

Lukas looks to me, understanding in his eyes, "You aren't homeless. You have the pack house to live in. You have me. That's more than homeless people have."

I nod, understanding where he is coming from. I just wish I was more prepared to move out, maybe then I wouldn't be in a such a tough position.

"Tomorrow, after school, I'll go to your house and get your clothes. I'll also have a talk with your dad," Lukas spits out the word 'dad' angrily. "He doesn't deserve that title, as your father. He isn't anything more than a sperm donor."

I laugh at that, surprised he would say such a thing. "'Sperm donor?' I can't believe you said that," I exclaim between my laughs.

"At least it got you to smile," Lukas mutters quietly, seemingly still mad at my dad.

"If it makes you feel better, you can call him Mark, that's his name," I try to be helpful, wanting to calm him down.

Lukas just nods and spits out, "Well 'Mark' is going to die tomorrow."

"You are not going to kill him! He didn't hurt me, I'm completely fine," I say, trying to defend my awful father.

"He pushed you, that's enough for me to kick him out of the pack. He hurt another pack member, as Alpha I can make him rogue. Would that make you feel better?" Lukas asks, wanting my opinion on what to do.

Do I want my dad kicked out of the pack? What would happen to my mom if he's made a rogue? Would she go with him?

Making my decision, I say quietly, "Please don't kick him out."

This makes Lukas mad, him seeming to be fuming. "Why wouldn't I? He hurt my mate, because your my mate. That's direct disrespect towards his Alpha and Luna."

I sigh, leaning back on the bed so I'm facing the ceiling. "I'm worried about what would happen to my mother. I still care about them, you know? It's hard to forget my entire life when they used to be amazing."

Lukas calms down, understanding my point. "Fine, I won't kick him out. But the minute he does one more thing wrong, he's out."

"Okay, that's a good plan," I say, elated he isn't going kick my dad out.

I pause my happiness for a second, wanting to do something important. "Thank you, Lukas. For everything. For taking my opinions and listening to them. For helping me when I had no one. You were here for me. Thank you."

"Of course, we may not have been on the best terms until recently, but I'll always be there for you. Through anything and everything," Lukas reassures.

Tears reappear in my eyes, so moved by his statement.

Making a move that I didn't expect myself to, I stand up and hug him. I wrap my arms around his large body, him being taller than me by a few inches. My head rests against his shoulder, and I let out a sniffle, not being able to hold it in.

Lukas just rubs my back soothingly, standing awkwardly stiff. He soon relaxes, holding me tight to him.

I just stand there, in my mate's arms, enjoying Lukas' warmth.