Chapter 28

Kai's POV

I wake up, feeling a stiff hospital bed beneath my back. There is an uncomfortable hospital gown on me. I smell strong chemicals, and bright lights blind me. There is a soft hand within mine, and tingles spread throughout my body. Lukas is here with me.

Opening my eyes, I immediately look over to Lukas and see his messy dark hair standing up in all places. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I shake Lukas to wake him up.

His eyes open, looking to me. He looks tired, dark bags under his eyes. He smiles brightly, and I feel myself smile back. Having the same idea in mind, we launch ourselves at each other, hugging tightly.

We stay in that position until Miles, who is also the doctor, comes in. He smiles at our position; happy we are reunited. "Everyone was worried about you, Kai. We missed you dearly."

Pulling away from Lukas, I say, "Thank you. I missed you guys too. I'm just happy to be back with the pack and my mate." Sending a smile to Lukas, he grabs my hand and rubs it soothingly.

"You lovebirds can have your private time after I give Kai one last exam." Miles walks over and checks my bruises and scars. The cuts my dad gave me have healed but scarred badly.

Saying that I'm okay, we head off back to our room. As we walk in, I go straight to the shower, wanting to get this grime off me. Enjoying my shower, I wash myself slowly, making sure to get every spot clean.

Stepping out, I put on my boxers after drying off. Walking out into the bedroom, I see Lukas sitting on the bed, head in his hands.

"Are you okay?" I ask, worried for him. Lukas' head looks to me and smiles gently, ushering me over with his hands.

I walk over to him, straddling him. Sitting on his lap, he says, "I'm fine. I was just so worried about you; it feels unreal that you are here. I'm so grateful I could find you before your dad hurt you too much."

Looking down, I try to cover up my scars that my dad gave me. What if he thinks they are ugly?

This time it is his turn to ask a question, "What are you doing? You don't have to hide yourself from me. You are just as handsome as you've ever been." He grabs my hand, moving them away from my scars. Leaning down, he kisses the length of each scar, making me feel loved. "You are beautiful just the way you are."

Grabbing his chin, I bring his face up to mine. Kissing him roughly, Lukas stuffs his tongue in my mouth.

He flips us over, laying me on the bed. Climbing over me, he rubs his hand up and down my bare chest. Kissing my neck, I groan, loving the feeling of him kissing my mark.

We continue, mating multiple times.

Settling down after the last round, I cuddle into Lukas' chest. I can hear his smirk in his voice, "I may have just gotten you pregnant."

Sighing loudly, I nod. "I hope you did. I want to start a family with you."

Lukas looks to me, hope clear on his face. "Really?"

Now it's my turn to smirk. "Yes. Really."

Hugging me tightly, Lukas says in a content voice, "I love you, loser."

"I love you too."