Chapter 4

Lukas' POV

I run home, enjoying the fresh air and the time to think. What am I supposed to do? Kai is the reason I'm so closed off, he changed the way I act. I'm so guarded so I'm not hurt again.

Being betrayed by your best friend is awful, so I did anything to prevent it from happening again. I stopped having friends.

I only have two, Tessa and Camden. They are my beta and gamma, meaning I have to trust them for them to be in that position.

They are the children of my parents' friends. Kevin is Tessa's dad, and Layton is Camden's dad.

Their children have the same attitude that they have, Tessa being goofy all the time and Camden being very serious. They are overall the only friends I need.

Arriving home, I head straight to my parents. My dad, Miles, took the day off from his job, needing a day to relax. He worked all summer and is exhausted. My papa, Calvin, is enjoying not having to do Alpha duties. They were his least favorite thing to do.

The Alpha title was passed down to me when I turned eighteen, and I've been working as Alpha for a few months now.

It's a hard job, but it's so rewarding. Having your pack members protect and support you is amazing.

I see my dads laying down in the living room, watching t.v., laughing at whatever is funny.

They turn to me as I come in, and look at me questioningly. "Why aren't you at school?" My dad scolds. Miles is the one who is always on my ass, making sure I do what I'm supposed to.

All I have to say is, "I met my mate."

They gasp, looking at me with shock. Papa says with a question in his voice, "That's great, right?"

I sigh, not liking this situation at all, "It would be, but my mate is Kai."

Dad gasps, "Kai Prince? The one who tried to bully you when you were five? I remember him, I made sure to snitch to his parents about what he did." Papa laughs at that, repeating the word 'snitch.'

I roll my eyes, "Yes, him. He is my mate! What am I supposed to do?"

Sitting down between my dads, I sigh again, leaning back into the couch. Dad turns to me and says encouragingly, "You forgive but don't forget. He may have changed, but he still hurt you."

I nod, understanding. Papa gives me a side hug, making sure I know he's here for me. "You are mates, destined to be together. You may not like it, but you guys are a perfect match. The Moon Goddess has a plan, trust it."

I hug him back, silently thanking him. I turn to Dad and give him a hug.

As I walk away, I realize I have a lot to think about.