Chapter Twenty-Six

Callin

Louis gasps.

I don't blame him.

Harry's unconscious in the man's arms, his mouth open, a trickle of blood trailing from the corner.

The man brings him closer, and then dumps him unceremoniously next to Niall.

I crawl over to Harry.

He looks awful.

His curly hair is filthy and matted, with large chunks of it missing.

He's dangerously thin, pale, and his right wrist is twisted unnaturally.

He's dirty, his clothes ripped.

The same clothes he was wearing during that Never Have I Ever game, two weeks ago.

I try to shake him awake; he just moans slightly.

I don't even want to know what he's been through.

Hell.

-

Louis

I want to go and see Harry, one last time. But the man's gun is still trained on me. And I don't want to give him a reason to kill me.

Now we have Harry.

If I can distract the man, Callin and Niall and Harry could escape.

And then the logical part of my mind reminds me that Callin is the only one that's awake.

“Let them go” I say softly.

And I'm surprised at how low and dangerous my voice sounds.

“No” the man says casually, as if he's telling me that the sky is blue. “Sorry, I can't do that.”

“What?” I shout, and I'm so angry, and terrified, that I'm shaking. “You promised!”

“And did I ever tell you I kept my promises?” the man asks. “You could all get me arrested. You know who we are.”

I have to get Callin and Harry and Niall out of here.

They have to survive.

“Louis, don't do it” Callin says.

The man looks at her, and a second later, I do, too.