Chapter 48 : Central Park

Jane, Lucas, and Beverly were working today, so Moussa, Max, and Gabrielle decided to spend the day together. Max took her car and picked her two friends up, looking for a place to stop.

- "I'm glad we can see each other without worrying about them anymore!" stated Gabrielle.

- "Yeah, our babies grew up so fast!" joked Moussa.

- "Definitely!"

They were finally finding a place to park when the radio announced the next song which was going to be played, the controversial song of Nirvana. The three had the same reflex and jumped on the radio to turned it off.

- "Fucking song," told Max.

- "Yeah. Let's forget about it," said Gabrielle.

- "You're right, let's have fun," smiled Moussa.

Max finished to park her car. They got out of it and began to walk in Central Park between the trees and far from the city. They found a nice place to sit on the grass, under a tree, facing the water.

- "Did they receive this paper too?" asked Gabrielle, showing them.

- "Oh, yeah, Jane got one, she doesn't wanna go."

- "Really!? Who would refuse a medal of honor!"

- "Well, Jane! Bev doesn't have one?"

- "No, she is just a reporter," sighed Moussa.

- "She deserves one too," stated Gabrielle.

- "Yeah, I can't disagree with that, but she is not a military so..."

- "Well, they don't need a medal to be our heroes, even if they hate being called like that!"

- "They don't hate, they reject totally the idea of being heroes!" added Max. "But, I think it could be good for them to go at this ceremony, to see what people think about this, I don't know..."

- "We'll see, we've one week to convince them," said the black-haired girl.

- "Yeah, I'm curious to see Jane wearing her military outfit, I never saw her in it."

- "Really? I saw Lucas wear his many times!"

- "Yeah, but Lucas wanted to be a military, Jane did it to have a job so, she didn't wear it at home."

- "They look sexy in uniform," smirked Gabrielle.

- "Yeah, definitely, Jane is so sexy when she is wearing her cop uniform," smiled Max.

- "And me? I don't look sexy in my uniform?" asked Moussa.

- "Well, you know, I date a girl so I can't tell!"

- "Coward. Bev thinks I'm sexy!"

- "Bev is blinded by love," joked the black-haired girl.

- "I hate you both, I knew it was a bad idea to spend the day with you!"

The two girls laughed while Moussa was playfully shaking his head and chuckling.

- "How is Jane?" asked Gabrielle.

- "She is fine, my mom had been hard with her last time, but she didn't take too much importance of this, so it's fine," answered Max.

- "Yeah? What happened?"

- "Oh, well, my mom reproached her for not telling me about her mother...I shouldn't have told her that I was mad at her for not telling me, she just tried to show me she was on my side now, but attacking Jane is not the good way to show it."