Chapter 17 : Coffee machine

The first days with Abigail as a waitress were complicated. The other girls were not very kind with her, and all the cooks tried to seduce her. They even tried to convince her that Max was awful and mean. But the blonde girl didn't let them tell things like that about the person who was giving her a place to stay and a new job. Now, Max had someone on her side in this kitchen.

But today was an important day. Jane and Max were about to leave the apartment to go in therapy for two weeks.

- "So, you remember everything I told you?" asked the redhead.

- "No parties, no betrayal, feed the cute cat, and clean at least one time before you come back, I'm fine, don't worry," smiled the blonde girl.

- "Don't look so happy to see us leave for two weeks."

- "I'm sorry, but the fact that you trust me enough to let me here for two weeks, it makes me...happy."

- "Yeah, it's just for the cat," joked Max with a serious tone.

- "Of course!" smirked Abigail. "You call me when you arrive?"

- "Yeah, if you want, but it's not gonna be before a long time!"

- "I know, six hours in a car, it's pretty long!"

- "Indeed!"

Jane arrived in the living-room with her backpack and her cat in her arms.

- "Hey Cat," said Max, caressing his head. "You know he is not coming, right?"

- "I know."

Jane approached Abigail and put the cat in her arms. Max noticed that Jane was really stressed by this trip, she was keeping her arms around her like if she wanted to hide her body. The redhead took a pillow on the couch and gave it to her, to allow her to tighten something. The two girls said goodbye to their new roommate and went to their car for a long ride.

They spent 8 hours in this car, Max was more than exhausted! It wasn't because of Jane because Jane didn't complain at all, but there were so many cars in the road, they stayed one hour without moving! But they finally arrived, relieving the two girls. They presented themselves to the reception and got the keys. The woman gave to Max a paper with instructions on it. They were beginning the next day with a confrontation of the three couples. She hoped it would be effective. When they arrived in their room, Max called Abigail to tell her they arrived, before installing everything.

- "You want the bed?" asked the redhead.

Jane shrugged, looking around.

- "I can sleep on this small couch if you want, you're too tall for it."

- "I don't care," said Jane with a worried tone.

- "Jane, it's gonna be okay, you know you can't stay like this forever."

- "I know, I still don't like it."

- "I know, you never liked facing your pain and emotions," stated Max.

- "I don't wanna face them either..."

- "Bev and Lucas?"

Jane nodded.

- "You know, you're all graves, maybe nothing will happen," tried to reassure the redhead.

But she hoped something would happen, she hoped she would know a bit more about their problems. She let Jane alone in the room and decided to visit a bit the place. It was really beautiful, far from cities, in the middle of a forest. There were a pool, Jacuzzis, massages, a big restaurant, and more. On her way she saw Moussa and Gabrielle who were talking near a coffee machine. She took them in her arms to greet them.

- "You want a coffee?" proposed Moussa.

- "No thanks, if Jane smells coffee she will want one, and I would prefer her to reduce her consumption."

- "Yeah, good idea."

- "When did you arrive?"

- "This morning, we had driven all the night!" answered Gabrielle. "At least he slept, I was in peace!"

- "Yeah, we did the same thing," told Moussa. "And you?"

- "We just arrived, I should have done the same thing as you, it took us 8 hours to arrive!" explained Max.

- "Ouh, hard!" stated the black-haired girl. "I still can't believe they followed us!"

- "Well, Jane is all sheepish since she slapped me, it wasn't really hard, but she is really really stressing."

- "Same for Bev, well, she didn't slap me, but she is a bit weak and sad, she doesn't fight when I make a decision."

- "Sinclair was awful, but he still came! Certainly to upset Jane," pouted Gabrielle.

- "He came, it's all that matters, and tomorrow, maybe he will be the one who will begin the thing!" told Max.

Gabrielle and Moussa both nodded. They all wanted to know what was wrong with them, and they hoped it would be sooner than they thought.