Chapter 35 : The report

One week passed. Jane and Moussa were back in patrol. Jane didn't really like that, it was car crashes majority of the time, it reminded her some bad memories. Tonight, Moussa was driving back Jane, but, this time, he stayed. Bev's report was going to be broadcasted and everyone was there, waiting for it to begin. Moussa, Max, and Gabrielle were in the kitchen talking and observing their lovers sitting as far as possible of each other, all stressing. Abigail entered the apartment and noticed the three persons.

- "Wow, big ambience!" joked Abigail.

- "We're waiting for the report," mumbled Jane.

- "I know, Max told me."

- "You're gonna stay?"

- "I don't know, you want me to?"

Jane shrugged.

- "As you want, I don't care."

- "Okay, I'll think about it. Where is the other half?"

- "Kitchen."

Abigail smiled to her and joined the three others in the kitchen. Even if she was comfortable with Moussa and Max now, it was still complicated with Gabrielle, the black-haired girl was more than cold with her.

- "Um, hey," saluted the blonde girl.

- "Hey, you're staying for the report?" asked the redhead.

- "I don't know, she told me I could, but if you don't think it's a good idea, I can stay in my room."

- "I don't think they really care; they're stressing so much about it that we could be one million in the room that they wouldn't care."

- "Okay, I guess I can sit in a corner then."

- "Yeah, that's the best thing to do," told coldly Gabrielle.

- "Gab, stop that!" intervened Max.

- "I can't, okay!? She had been awful with the entire school and especially your girlfriend, and now she thinks she can be friend with you and her!?"

- "But, she is our friend! We forgave her, and she helped me a lot with Jane! You don't have to be friend with her, but I don't want you to be disrespectful with her, she was a dick, life made her pay and now she keeps going, and she can count on us to help her."

Gabrielle crossed her arms and sighed with her nose.

- "Fine! It's your problem," stated Gabrielle.

- "Exactly. Now, let's support our lovers."

The three others agreed and followed her in the living-room. Abigail sat on the armchair, wanting to let them some space. Jane was at the left of the couch, then Max, Gabrielle, Lucas, Moussa, and finally Beverly.

When the report began, Jane quickly grabbed Max's hand. The redhead could feel that she was shaking. She tried to relax her by rubbing it, but Jane was stressing too much to relax. It would be like that the entire report, the only way to calm them was to just wait this to end.

It lasted almost two hours. Bev spent her time shaking her head in disbelief, while Lucas and Jane couldn't stop changing their position until the half of the report. When it ended, no one dared to talk, except Bev:

- "What a bunch of assholes!"

- "Why?" frowned Moussa.

- "They censored everything! And they cut the most important part! They fucked up my work!"

- "It wasn't that bad," said Abigail.

- "But it wasn't what I wanted to show!"

- "Okay, calm down, it's done now," told Moussa, trying to reassure her.