Chapter 20 : Ball

Max didn't sleep a lot, feeling really uncomfortable. Jane spent the night on the floor, sat against a wall, staring into space and sweating a lot. Max wondered if she wasn't preparing a plan to kill her. It was their second day, and today they had some activities to become closer to each other and revive the passion.

They went in a wide and empty room with many couples in there. Gabrielle, Lucas, Moussa, and Bev were all together. Well, Moussa and Gabrielle were together, and Bev and Lucas were on a side. Max joined them while Jane went on the opposite side of the room, near the windows.

- "How was your night?" asked Gabrielle.

- "I don't know, I don't remember falling asleep," sighed Max. "What about you?"

- "Lucas had a nightmare, you didn't hear him?"

- "No, I was too busy watching Jane. Thanks for telling her about Lisa! She hates me now!"

- "Shit, sorry, it came out like that, I didn't want to create more tensions! She is really mad!?"

- "More than mad, she feels betrayed."

- "Damn...I'm so sorry..."

- "It's...it's not your fault, it's mine, I shouldn't, I shouldn't have done that..." told the redhead.

- "Yeah but, it wasn't supposed to be me to tell her this...I don't know why I was so mad yesterday, they were driving me crazy by not talking, it's stupid, I know they won't talk just like that, and they already did so much yesterday!" stated the black-haired girl.

- "We all have bad days, and I think yesterday was a bad one for all of us."

- "Yeah..."

- "Is it, is it over with Jane?" asked shyly Moussa.

Max just pouted and shrugged. She didn't really know, she hoped it wasn't.

- "And you Moussa? How was your night?" continued the redhead.

- "She strangely sleeps well. She woke up in a start and sweating like usual, but, she didn't panic, and she ate this morning," explained the man.

- "Well, at least this therapy works for one of them!"

- "I'm sure it will work for all of them, they just need more time."

The three had a loud and tired sigh with their mouth. Four persons with a big smile entered the room and got everyone's attention. They explained them that they would do this activity by couple, sat on the floor with one ball that they would throw to each other only after a compliment or a nice thing said to the other. The one with the ball was the one supposed to be complimented and would choose when throwing the ball. That was what Max understood. She watched everyone getting by pair, while Jane was still looking outside.

- "God, I feel like in High School when we had to do a work with someone and everyone had a friend except me!" stated Max.

- "Don't be stupid," chuckled Gabrielle, giving a small tap on the redhead's belly. "Go get your girl."

- "Yeah, I don't know if we can still call her like that!"

Max sighed of annoyance with her mouth before going to her...well...girlfriend and getting her attention by touching her arm. Jane started and looked at Max with those "what do you want!?" eyes that she hated.

- "Did you listen to what they just said?" asked Max.

- "I don't wanna do that."

- "So do I! But we have to so, sit on the floor and make an effort!"