Chapter 14 - Betrayal

Warning: contains smut

Carol stumbled backwards until her back hit the bars of his cell. She slid down them in defeat. This must be some sort of sick tactic, this couldn't be true, they couldn't be married. She started sobbing uncontrollably. Through the blur of her eyes she could see Yon's figure move towards her. "Fuck off", Carol yelled, she didn't want him near her. He didn't even deserve her presence, they both knew that.

"How could you", she looked up and stared into his golden eyes, which were filled with regret by now. "Vers I-", Yon started, but she cut him off, "no, you know what, I don't even want to know. I hate you, all you do is lie to me. Who says you'll say the truth now, maybe you're trying to manipulate me", her voice was shaking with anger. She stood up, slightly wobbly because of her sobs, "and for your information, my name is Carol!". After that she left.

What an idiot he was. Why would he tell her, well, if he hadn't and she found out, he'll probably be tortured in the dungeon for the rest of eternity. That will end up happening most likely this time too.

Yon covered his face with his hands and sighed. What he did was wrong, and he knew it. He can't even blame the Supremor on this one, it was his choice to take her back to Hala the day at the lake. The Intelligence wasn't happy at first, scolding him for his actions, but when he explained the situation they almost looked proud of him. In the end it had been their order that it was his blood that would be used for the transfusion. They had essentially forced them to marry.

"And if she does something wrong, you will pay".

Yon had always felt responsible of her, and now that her target had taken away the power dampening device - and practically had given back her memories - he felt like a failure. He had failed Vers, he had failed the Supreme Intelligence and he had failed his people. He felt terrible. Vers was right, he only lied to her, everything they bad was build on lies.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

Carol stormed into Thor's chambers, clearly furious. "What is the best bar here on Asgard?", She made it sound like a order. "Why are you aski-", he couldn't even finish his sentence as she already grabbed his arm and dragged him with her. "Don't ask, just tell me", she groaned. "Oh eh... Sure", he mumbled surprised.

After maneuvering her through endless streets and alleys they finally arrived at a bar. It was quiet, but perfect for them, so no one would really bother them. Carol immediately headed to the bartender, "please give me the strongest you have". "I don't think you will be able to handle it m'lady", he carefully stated, but when she showed her glowing fists and gave him a cocky frowns he filled her a glass.

Thor watched in awe as she downed it at once, not understanding what caused her to want this. Something must've gone down between her and her former commander. He was curious to know, but he wouldn't push her. Carol was very outspoken, and everything from the look in her eyes to her body language made it clear that she wasn't ready to talk about it.

Carol's eyes were red from crying, he had noticed it, but he couldn't help her. He also wasn't sure if making her drink was the best option, but she insisted. Thor made himself the promise to stay close and bring her home when she got only slightly tipsy.

As she downed her third glass of whatever it was she finally felt the alcohol enter her blood cycle. She was glad Asgardians were such heavy drinkers, not many planets had liquor that affected her. She just ordered another glass as Thor leaned in, "I'll be right back, I have to use the toilet". She chuckled and nodded, waving to him when he walked away. He knew this would go wrong.

Carol grabbed the glass and turned around to lean against the counter. She observed the people that were there. She counted around 15 others. They were all sitting in small clusters, exept for one. It was a small build guy, black greasy hair and he had dark circles around his eyes. He wore some sort of leather outfit, perhaps to try to look intimidating. It didn't work though. She finished her fourth glass and put it on the counter with a loud cling.