Chapter 1 - Flashes

Crash, death, power, blaster, shooting, blue light and darkness...

"We have to bring her with us".
"We don't even know who she is".
"She will die if we won't".

Blood transfusion, pain, anxiety, tense, broken, amnesia, screaming, beeping, even more screaming.

Golden eyes, green and black suit, stern facial expression, strong grip.

So many people, painful body, no touching, no asking, no wondering.

Vers woke up silently, she was in a sterile white room, laying in a bed, her body covered with white sheets. She looked at her hands, dozens of wires connected to her body. A steady beeping could be heard behind her.

What happened to me, she thought while she tried to sit up, but pain shot through her body. Why couldn't she remember the whole thing, just flashes, and they were disturbing. She tried to focus on her past, but it's just gone. Nothing, not even a name or a face.

Her breathing started going faster unintentionally, she didn't want this, why did it happen. I don't even know who I am. The monitor started beeping faster too. It gave her a headache. She put her hands in her hair and breathes heavily.

Two nurses came running in, which made her even more anxious. "Get away from me", Vers kept screaming. Her voice dry and painful. "Get your hands off me!", Tears flowed down her cheeks at this point. One of the nurses sedated her with a calming medication. Soon she was calm, but asleep.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Commander, the girl woke up, but she created a lot of turmoil", Minn-Erva grabbed Yon's arm. "The Supreme Intelligence demands your presence", she glared at him, he was such an idiot for bringing the girl there.

Yon-Rogg made his way through the city to the supreme headquarters. Once they appeared in front of him, he realized that they would probably kill the girl, or use her for their own good. "Yon-Rogg, we only let you bring her so she could be our greatest weapon, but your guest seems to think we kidnapped her. Perhaps you should talk to her, otherwise we'll execute her", they said sternly.

The Supremor had always intimidated him, they controlled everyone within the Kree Empire. Using propaganda and mind control, they were the biggest dictatorship in the entire galaxy. It still amazed him (and made him feel proud and special) that he ended up so high ranked within the StarForce. The elite warriors weren't fond of him at first, but he quickly proved himself worthy of his position.

"I'll talk to her, give me some time. It might take longer than expected", he quietly admitted, expecting them to scold him. But all they did was dismiss him, much to his relief.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

Once Vers woke up again she was determined to escape, it was obvious she has been kidnapped. Carefully taking out the tubes and wires, she tried her best to stay calm. Who in the world would kidnap her, and then take her memory? She tried to sit up, but the pain shooting through her body was too bad for her to even move.

She got frustrated, she had to get out. This might even be her only change, they aren't here to watch her. She didn't knew what was outside that door of course, but she was determined to find out. She tried sitting up again, this time the pain was still horrible, but she expected it to come. One by one she moved her legs of the bed and stood on the cold tiled floor. Standing was surprisingly easy, but she knew walking, let alone running, would be a nightmare.

Her speculations became reality when she took a step. The pain was almost unbearable, but she had to move. She was so focused, she didn't even notice that tears started flowing down her face, until a tear fell on her bare foot. Dear universe, please let me get out of this alive, she thought. Slowly moving, step by step, she reached the door, opening it slightly. Her body felt heavy, as if she had laid down for months, maybe even years? She looked around, and set foot in the hallway, unsure which way to go.

Suddenly she heard voices coming closer, and the panic took over. She started running away from the sound, as fast as her broken body could carry her. Someone screamed behind her, "Hey, come back!". It was a male voice, which sounded familiar somehow. But she didn't stop running, and didn't even think about turning around. She heard them coming after her. Her mind raced with thoughts, unable to understand why they had her here.

Vers started to feel light-headed, but she couldn't stop running. The footsteps were catching up with hers. Her heart beat was going dangerously high. "Vers!", The guy yelled. Vers? Was that her name? It couldn't be, she may not remember it, but if it was, she was sure she would've known. Suddenly she felt a hand close around her already painful wrist, making her squeal in pain. Vers fell down to her knees and cried, the pain too worse to handle. "Vers, please, we have to talk", the guy insisted, but that wasn't me, it couldn't be me. "Go away", she screamed, but her throat was dry and swollen, making it sound like a whisper. He kneeled in front of me. "Vers, what's wrong?", He sounded genuinely concerned. vers finally dared to look at him, and she couldn't look away.

He had odd features, like she had never seen before, or did she know more people with golden coloured eyes? She knew he didn't want any good. "Who's Vers?", She croaked, trying her best to make it audible. "You don't remember?", He asked, his face showing no emotion at all. She didn't trust him, she couldn't tell him. "Get away from me", Vers cried again hiding her face in her hands. She felt the man's arms wrap around her shocking body, she was terrified, but she couldn't move whatsoever.

"Vers, how much do you remember?", He asked. Did he knew her, before whatever happened that caused her to not remember. He didn't seem like anyone who would care about someone else. "Nothing", she whispered. She felt him move, and he pulled back from the embrace, "we have a lot of catching up to do", he smiled.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Vers, focus, don't let your emotions get to you", Yon-Rogg yelled, much to Vers her frustration. "Oh come on, as if you don't have them", she screamed back, trying to hit him again. For several months they had been training together. Yon taught her everything she knew. About her parents, who died because of the Skrulls, a species that can shapeshift who, as the bastards they are, also wiped her memory inconveniently. The only problem she had, was that she always was too emotional, according to Yon-Rogg, her own opinion different from his, which caused her to lose concentration.

"Vers, what did I just say", Yon took her down with a swift move of his legs and glared at her, obviously disappointed. "Yes yes, don't give in to my emotions, I know, you tell me everytime, I know it by now", she mumbled. "Well obviously you don't, because you're on the ground and lost... Again", he was her teacher, but he could also be a dick at times. She stood up, groaning, "give me one more try". "We're done for today", he told her as he took his water bottle in his hand, taking a big gulp. "Are you afraid?", Vers teased, knowing he didn't like it. "Vers, you've trained enough, tomorrow is another day", he glared at her, making clear he was done with her whining.

Vers felt herself getting angry, why does he always lecture her on how she should control her emotions and then leave, making her feel worthless. "No, you have to stay, it's not fair", Vers tried again, but Yon shook his head. He walked up to her and placed his hand on his shoulder, "go back to your sleeping quarters and rest". Vers angrily shoved his hand away, but instead of only moving his hand, she send him flying across the room.

Somehow she had send a blast of who-knows-what at him, technically shooting him. She stared at her hand, tears burning in her eyes. He was going to hate her, be angry at her, he was going to banish her to one of the border planets of the Empire. She looked over at him as he tried to stand up with a groan.

Instead of helping him she ran away, back to her room, and locked the door. Was this her own doing? Was she dangerous? Did she hurt him? She sat on her bed, and felt the tears flow down her face. Eventually she fell asleep, no one even bothered to check her, or they just didn't care...