How could you?!

GLASGOW CITY Football Club are delighted to announce that with effect from today, January 7th, 2020, the club will be moving to professional status for the first time.

Considerable work has been undertaken by Glasgow City to reach this stage and significant investment is being committed to this new professional model.

A number of existing players have already been moved on to professional contracts and the City squad for 2020 will be bolstered by some further signings, modern apprentices and continuing amateur players, which will all be announced over the coming weeks.

The club is pleased to announce that Scott Booth has agreed to stay on in his role as head coach, signing a new contract which will see him stay at the club till at least 2023.

Grant Scott has also agreed to become Scott's assistant in this new professional set up and we are delighted to welcome Grant to the club.

The club has also been given permission to build the first ever purpose-built women's stadium in the UK.

The sports facility, which is to be named after Glasgow City legend Kat Lindner, will have a standard pitch and training facilities in Auchinairn, East Dumbartonshire. The stands on either end will also be named after Rachel Corsie and Leanne Ross respectively.

The facility will also be used by The Glasgow City Foundation and other community groups.

Abi lay on her bed, not quite believing what she was reading and she sat, staring at the computer screen in front of her. She was only distracted from her thoughts when her phone started to vibrate.

Laura.

"Hello Laura."

"Good you're awake!"

"It's 10:30 of course I'm awake."

"Sorry. Do you have time to meet for coffee?"

"Of course. Half an hour? I can send you a location."

"Wonderful. See you then."

As soon as Abi walked into Takk in Manchester and she saw Laura and Scott waiting for her, she knew straight away why they were here.

"Abi, hi."

"Hey Monty," Abi grinned, pulling her into a tight hug and then doing the same with Scott.

"I take it this isn't a social call?" She said when she'd finally sat down with her coffee.

"How's married life treating you?"

"It's going great, thank you." Abi smiled a little, taking a drink of the coffee that Scott had got her.

"I'm glad to hear that. You might be wondering why we're here."

"I think I have an idea."

"I take it you saw the news?"

"Yes, I saw. Congratulations."

"What we're going to talk to you about hasn't been spoken about with anyone else."

"Get to the point, Monty!"

"What she means to say is, we'd really like you to sign for us permanently. If it's something you're interested in."

"You should speak to--" Laura started.

"I'll sign it." Abi said, without taking a second thought.

"Fantastic." Scott grinned, clapping his hands together.