I do - Part 1

A/N: This chapter is really short but it's just a teaser of what's to come. 😌

"I want to marry Ellie." Abi announced as she walked into the kitchen on Monday morning.

Ellen and Callum were already sat at the kitchen table with cups of coffee in their hand, Stephen was stretching, as he usually did in the morning and Steph was midway through taking a drink of coffee when she started to choke. Ellen walked over to he and patted her back, but none of the adults had reacted to her sudden outburst.

"Hello?! Did anyone hear what I said?"

"Yes, we heard. We're just contemplating the best way to talk you out of such a ridiculous idea." Steph said, turning to her daughter with arms folded.

"Wanting to marry her is one thing Abi, but you actually need to ask her first." Callum smirked.

"It's alright, I have it all planned out. Right, pops?"

"You knew about this?!" Steph turned to Stephen and now it was Ellen's turn to almost choke on her coffee.

"Of course I knew about it, I was the one who helped her buy the ring!" Stephen grinned at his wife, who just glared.

"What about you? Did you know about this?" Steph turned her attention away from Stephen and then towards Ellen.

"Ah...Well, you see Steph...."

"Stop right there. All of you knew about this apart from me?!"

"...Basically." Abi concluded, nodding.

"This is madness." Steph muttered.

"Steph, love, it's not madness." Stephen said, finally standing up.

"She's 18!"

"Therefor she's an adult and legally allowed to make her own choices!"

"It's alright, ma. We weren't going to invite you anyways." Abi smiled.

Steph rolled her eyes, "So...when are you asking her?"

"Well, I leave for Glasgow on Wednesday, so I was thinking tonight..." Abi was more than ready for Steph to overreact again, but she was taken by surprise when Steph got up from her seat and pulled Abi into a hug.

"You do whatever makes you happy, Abs."

Abi smiled, "She does make me happy."

"Ahhh, I'll need to buy a new hat!" Ellen grinned and got up from her seat, wrapping her arms around Steph and Abi.

"Abs, you need to show me the ring you got." Steph grinned.