I do - Part 2

Abi tried to block it all out. The music. The people around her. She squeezed herself past the crowd on the dance floor, away from Ellie who was in deep conversation with Lee about goalkeepers and VAR (Abi warned her not to bring it up, but Ellie insisted it would be fine when Lee had had a few drinks - Abi didn't like her chances so she made sure she was as far away from that as possible) and made a quick beeline for the door.

"Hey—"

"What is it, Rach?" Abi turned round when Corsie grabbed her arm.

"Where are you going?"

"I need some fresh air..." She muttered and it wasn't a total lie. She did need fresh air but she wanted to do it alone, without Ellie by her side and without Steph looking over her shoulder.

She pulled her arm back and walked out into the cold, Rachel turned to face Jo and Learo who were standing at the bar and shook her head.

"We have to do something about that."

"We can't just butt in. You don't like it when people poke there noses into you and Lee's business." Leanne said, taking a drink.

"That's because me and Lee are not-compatible."

"Either that or you two are completely fucking stubborn." Leanne rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Don't go getting involved Corsie...let them have a stress free wedding night." Jo gave her a warning look as Rachel also walked away in the opposite direction towards Caroline and Nick.

"Can you do me a favour?"

Caroline and Nick both nodded, waiting for Rachel to continue. She turned to Caroline and sighed, "Can you keep Ellie, Steph and Stephen distracted for a while?"

"And what are you going to do while we are doing that?" Caroline folded her arms.

Rachel glances over at Lee who was still talking to Ellie and Caroline rolled her eyes.

"I can't believe you're going to flirt with Lee at a time like this..."

Rachel rolled her eyes and walked off, Caroline followed behind her and Nick headed outside to where Abi was.

He stood behind her for a moment, watching as she leaned against the wall.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

The sound of a voice almost made her jump out her skin and she turned around and sighed. "Jesus Nick - Way to give a girl a heart attack."

"I'm afraid Jesus won't help you in this situation."

"Ha ha." Abi rolled her eyes at his attempts to try and be funny.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

She shook her head, staying silent.

"Can I take a guess?"

She nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"You're worried about Steph and Stephen...."

She nodded, wiping away a tear that had fallen. She looked up as he came and sat down next to her, folding his arms.

"Everyone I love is either going to die or will eventually leave me anyways."

He sighed, "That's not true. You have Ellie. She's your wife now, you have to talk to her about things like this, communication is key in a marriage, Abi."

Abi sighed and nodded. "I know...do you think I'll be back at City next season?"

"It's not up to me now, Abi. If Alan wants you back at City then that's his choice... if not..."

"And what am I going to do if he doesn't want me back? I can't stay at Glasgow City."

"Who said you can't? Some of the things that are happening with that club over the next few months might surprise you. You have a Champions League Quarterfinal to look forward to. You are the only person who can still say that. And no matter what happens, your friends and family will be watching from the sidelines and I can guarantee you, Stephen will be there. It doesn't matter how ill he gets between now and then, he wants you to do the one thing that makes you shine, and if that's scoring goals for Glasgow City, then he'll be there. If you speak to Laura nicely, she might tell you about some of the plans she's got, both short and long term."

Abi raised an eyebrow at his lack of context in what he just said, but she shrugged it off when he continued to talk.

"Let's go inside."

Abi groaned and Nick just laughed, taking her by the shoulders and leading her back inside. 

She went and sat back down next to Ellie who titled her head towards her new wife and Abi leaned over and kissed her. "I love you."

Ellie grinned, kissing her back. "I love you more."

Abi tried to enjoy herself as much as possible, soon realising just how much the Scots (which made up almost 70% of their guests), really knew how to throw a good party.