𝗝𝗨𝗡𝗚 𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗘𝗢𝗞, 𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗘 (𝘀)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JUNG HOSEOK.

WARNINGS - FLUFF, SLIGHT ANGST

it was a little saddening to learn that hoseok wouldn't be home for valentine's day, but you didn't dwell on it too much. after all, you were just happy that he had time to call and face time you.

"sorry, y/n. i'm not going to be home for valentine's day." hoseok said sadly on one of your facetime calls. "it's okay, hobi. i understand what you have to do." you reassured him. he looked genuinely disappointed that he couldn't spend valentine's with you. "no, it's not okay. i'll make sure to make it up to you when i get back." he winked at you from his side of the screen.

you rolled your eyes and laughed. "sure, hobi. be safe, i'll be right here whenever you get back." he smiled at you. "bye, y/n. see you soon." "bye hobi." and with that, the both of you ended the calls.

it was hard to admit, but without hoseok around, it made your day seem really boring. when hoseok was around, your day would brighten tremendously, and it would be filled with laughter. with him not around, though, it made your life seem dim.

you tried to push the thought of hobi not being there with you in the back of your mind, but it was hard to do so. you busied yourself will small tasks around your apartment, cleaning, dusting etc.

-
finally, it was time for bed. you did your nightly routine and climbed into your bed. normally you and hoseok would cuddle and talk about everything and nothing until the both of you drifted to sleep, but all that was beside you was a cold side of the bed.

you sighed and turned to the left, facing away from the cool spot where warmth should always be. it didn't take long for you to go to sleep, dreaming about reuniting with your boyfriend next week.

-

rapid knocking on your door broke you out of your sleep. you checked the time in sheer annoyance. "now who the fuck is knocking on my door like that 3:37 in the morning?" your anger seeped through your words. all you wanted was sleep.

you covered up with a shirt and longer pants, and walked to your living room to open the door. "what the fu-" you were ready to tell whoever was knocking to go to hell for interrupting your sleep, but you stopped dead in your speech as you realized who was at the door.

hoseok was standing at the door with chocolates and flowers in his hands, a wide smile set on his face. tears instantly gathered at the corners of your eyes. you clapped a hand over your mouth and let out a shaky sigh. "hobi."

you let the tears flow freely as you engulfed him in a huge hug. he wrapped his arms around you the best he could and kissed your cheek. "i know it's technically the day after valentine's day, but will you still accept the gifts?" he asked with a coy smile on his face.

"of course," your words were choked with emotion as you pulled him inside and he sat everything on the kitchen counter. "how did you- when did you-" you could barely ge the words out as you were so happy to see him.

"our last interview got cancelled, and they allowed us to come back! i missed you so much." he hugged you again. "i missed you too!" you hugged him back. "this has been the best valentine's day gift you could've ever given me." you confide, kissing him on the lips sweetly.

"i'm so glad you're here."

i wrote this in under thirty minutes, can you tell?