LXXIII- ghosts

It was the usual routine when (Y/n) woke up. Gianni was gone and she was fairly pleased about that. It meant that he had actually listened to her.

She felt some cramps from the miscarriage but fought through them. Now that she could have one thing off her mind it was the perfect time to resume formulating an escape.

Well, maybe calling it the 'perfect time' would be a bit of an overstatement but it was as good a time as any now.

(Y/n) threw on her coat and shoes, glad that she now had her own instead of having to use Gianni's.

She was honestly surprised that he hadn't caught on to her leaving almost everyday and was sure that if and when he did find out she'd get subjected to some lecture or he'd lash out or he'd start crying, maybe a combination of the three. He was a bit of a wild card when it came to his reactions.

(Y/n) took her notebook out and decided to go out to the clearing she'd found a while ago.

(Y/n) continually noted useless things about the woods as well as her directions. She liked having something to consume her mind with, it made the whole thing a bit easier.

After having visited it many times, she could locate the clearing a lot quicker. A relieved smile crossed her face when she found it.

She sat down on the grass and wrote mindlessly in the notebook while keeping half an eye out for any signs of human life.

Padgett skipped school that day. She'd done something a bit questionable.... she put a GPS in Gianni's bag a week ago.

In her defence, she'd noticed that he stopped taking the bus right after (Y/n) died. It didn't make sense and Padgett was sure that the two things were linked.

When looking at the signal from the GPS, Padgett could see that he seemed to be in the middle of the woods which only set off more alarms in her head. Why wasn't he at his own house?

Unfortunately the signal was weak so she couldn't pin point where he was exactly which was why she had found herself walking through the densely forested area after driving very far out with no clue of where she was going.

She was worried about getting lost but more of her thoughts were about finding where Gianni had been hiding out and what he was up to.

She was sure that he had something to do with (Y/n)'s death.

A clearing seemed to be up ahead so Padgett headed towards it, maybe wherever he was staying was nearby as its presence suggested human intervention.

When she passed the last tree and saw the clearing Padgett nearly fainted. She must have been dreaming. Can people still have mirages while fully hydrated and after only walking for an hour?

"Padgett?" (Y/n) was also going through the same thoughts when she saw Padgett.

The two girls sprinted up to each other and embraced each other tightly. It was an out character action for both of them but Padgett literally thought (Y/n) was dead and Padgett was the second person (Y/n) had seen in over a month.

"Oh my god." (Y/n) had tears in her eyes as she squeezed Padgett.

They didn't want to pull away but had to in order to explain what the hell was going on. As soon as they broke apart Padgett wasted no time getting right to it.

"This was Gianni, right? I fucking told you!" She said in an almost victorious way at being right.

(Y/n) blinked, surprised that Padgett tagged it to him so easily. "Yes, you were right."