XXIX- secrecy

a/n: Hello! Before I say anything I just want to thank everyone who has read, voted and commented on this, it truly means the world to me.

With that aside I'm just putting this note here to let you know that I've put up a new book for story ideas, extra information about characters, continuations, etc.

If you're interested then check out 'my notebook' (creative title, I know.) So far there's only an introductory chapter out but read that for more info if this appeals to you at all.

Sorry for the author's note, hope you enjoy this chapter!

-L.T. May

It was a Saturday morning, (Y/n) was doing some homework at the table right by the couch where Padgett and Ronan were loudly playing a video game against each other.

It didn't bother (Y/n) too much, and she knew she could just do her work elsewhere. She just wanted to keep an eye on them.

Their relationship was unhealthy enough as it was- with Padgett being a minor and cheating on him.

It somewhat eased (Y/n)'s guilt when she did stuff like this, to keep the both of them in check. Everything seemed fairly innocent at this point which was encouraging.

It didn't take long for Ronan to pause to game. "I need to use the bathroom." He announced and got up from the couch, leaving Padgett and (Y/n).

This set (Y/n) into a panic. She didn't want to end up getting carried away with Padgett... again.

As soon as Ronan exited the room, Padgett had turned to (Y/n).

"I need a favor." She hissed.

(Y/n) frowned and out her pen down, anything Padgett asked her for couldn't end well. "What?"

"Can you bring in a few pills for me and Fiona on Monday?" Padgett plastered a fake smile over her face in an effort to entice (Y/n).

"No. Absolutely not." (Y/n) shook her head and resumed her work. "You know, my mom found out about me doing molly at Henry's party so I think she'll probably notice if her shit starts going missing."

"Just a few... please." Padgett pleaded. "She's not gonna notice if say... five go missing?"

"No, Padgett. How were you even getting this stuff before me? You said you'd taken it before."

"Fiona and I have a dealer, but the stuff he sells me isn't nearly as good as your mom's! I'm pretty sure the stuff he sells is cut with like aspirin or rat poison or something." Padgett rambled.

"Get a new dealer then." (Y/n) told her firmly.

"It's not that easy. They don't exactly advertise. Plus, my current dealer would get upset, he's Fiona's step brother's cousin and she's trying to get on the good side of her step mom's family and-"

"I don't care about Fiona's family drama. I'm not stealing from my mother." (Y/n) repeated.

"Come on, I'll pay you!" Padgett cried out.

"My mom's gonna notice!"

"She has thousands down there, she won't notice five missing."

(Y/n) let out a deep exhale, Padgett was really getting to her.

"...one."

"Huh?"

"I'll give you one pill and them I'm never giving you anything ever again."