IV- rejection

(a/n): Hi, since I've just finished my other book I can start updating daily on this.

Thanks for reading!

-L.T. May

When Monday came, (Y/n) still wasn't over what she and Gianni had done at the event.

They didn't hook up or even kiss or anything. They just talked the entire time. It was nice for (Y/n) to have that new experience of having a friend and it certainly helped that her heart was fluttering the entire time.

Her crush had only grown throughout the night and she couldn't stop fawning over what she was going to say to him.

Granted, they didn't go very deep with their conversation, just getting to know each other. But learning about each other's pasts and secrets would come at a later time.

Gianni had caught (Y/n) off guard with a few casual flirts over the course of the evening that left her heart squealing with joy.

She was so excited that morning that she didn't even yell at Ronan for hogging the bathroom, she just waited till he was done in a daze.

"You missed your bus." Ronan glanced at the time as he left the bathroom and she walked in.

"I'm getting the later bus from now on." (Y/n) responded, pulling out her toiletries.

"Why? I thought you were all about punctuality." He scoffed.

The girl just shut the door in her brother's face in response, she could only be kind to him for so long.

When (Y/n) was on her way to the bus stop she walked with a skip in her step, imagining how differently this day would go. She didn't expect him to be in love with her or anything, but after what they shared that night they just had to be friends.

She planted herself in the seat where she'd sat with him last week and hoped that he would soon occupy the empty one beside her.

(Y/n) purposefully avoided putting her earbuds in so he would know that she was open for conversation. She felt her glee and nervousness increasing with every stop as the bus filled up.

Soon, the bus reached the stop Gianni and his friends got on. She could hear them talking loudly as they walked on.

(Y/n) took a deep breath and smiled, making sure the space next to her was clear. Much to her dismay, he sailed right by it, still talking to one of his other friends and taking a seat towards the back.

She released the air she'd been holding in disappointment, perhaps he just didn't see her. She wasn't ordinarily on his bus after all.

(Y/n) leaned around to see him completely absorbed in some other conversation, she figured she could just catch up with him once the bus stopped as she put her earbuds in.

Finally, the bus had got to school. With (Y/n) as the first person off as she sat so near the front, she waited for Gianni.

She ignored the one over she received from Padgett and her friends and just kept outside the bus in anticipation for him.

Things went awry again when he completely walked by her without even a look of acknowledgement. (Y/n) huffed and walked to catch up to him.

"Gianni!" She called, making him and his friends turn around.

He looked almost annoyed at her while the three other boys just looked confused.

"What?" He spat.