Chapter 61

Everything was white, very white.

It was also silent but calm. It was like an underwater peace, hugging the ears of anyone relaxed enough to witness this.

Suddenly, Vinny gasped a big intake of air and quickly sat up. He breathed heavy and desperately looked around but he couldn't see anything.

It was all white.

He instantly looked at his wrists but there wasn't a cut to be seen.

"What the hell?" He whispered and got to his feet. He frowned and looked around again but he still couldn't see anything. Where is he? "Hello?"

He called out but his voiced echoed with nothing in return.

The thing that was weird for Vinny was that he didn't feel any form of anger, mood swings or anything like his usual frame of mind.

He felt calm and at peace with himself.

But he didn't know why.

"Hello?" He called out again and turned around.

but there was somehow an old woman, now standing in front of him. She was dressed in a white knee-length dress with a white cardigan. Her grey hair was pulled up into a ponytail.

She was watching Vinny with an unusual expression. It was almost a look of concern.

"Vinny Vanderwood," She said like she was trying to confirm who it was. But she knew him.

"Where am I?" Vinny questioned and took a few steps closer. "Who are you?"

"My name is Angelette and I am an elder angel."

Vinny looked her up and down. He wasn't a fan of the elders, not when they sat back and watched him live in a cave for two whole years.

"Where are we?" He asked again.

She was still watching him with that look of concern.

"You're in heaven."

* * * * *

"He's not breathing," Panuleon said and laid Vinny on his back.

Corey pushed Oliver out of the way and tried dropping his tears onto the Vampire.

When Corey first met his angel, the demons killed his parent which obviously brought floods of tears to his eyes. But when he let the water splash off of their skin, the tears turned to gold and somehow brought his mum and dad back to life.

He was praying that it would work with Vinny too.

He pinched himself and created enough water in his eyes that would drop onto him. He and Panuleon watched intensely as the angel was resting his hands over his heart, trying so hard to create enough energy to jump start it again.

"Nothing's happening," Corey said. The tears needed to glow and react. "Why is nothing happening?"

"Wait," Rayvon said. Everyone was watching with wide and fearful eyes. This all happened too fast, Vinny deteriorated right in front of their eyes. "Is-Is he..."

He couldn't finish it, he didn't want to say that word.

"I can't do anything!" Panuleon said as the clear panic rose in his voice. "My powers are not working. Quick, someone please get a small tube from the first aid room!"

John got up and ran out of the room, ready to get anything that would help.

The angel then had no choice but to start CPR on him. He was technically dead but there was no way he was giving up hope.