Chapter 16

Jed continued to shelter his eyes as the boys gasped.

Things were happening so fast, a blur of light, a surge of emotions, the beat of someone else's heart sharing their own.

Their souls were beginning to merge together and form as one.

The gold was connecting every thought they've ever had, every emotion they've ever felt and every bit of affection, passion and desire they'll ever feel towards one another.

When it sets, their souls will be merged so close together, they'll officially be described as one. They'll feel so much love for each other, it might not be possible to fit it all into one person's heart.

Rayvon scrunched his eyes shut but all he could see, think, smell and hear was Luka. That boy was invading his mind and embedding onto his brain.

Another burst flooded the room as they began to want each other.

They could barely move out of confusion and fear of the unknown. They didn't know what was happening, they didn't know that they were in the process of developing the strongest bond in the world.

Luka gripped his chest as his back was pushed up against the wall. It looked like a storm had made its way into the bedroom. There was a strong wind of swirling gold that knocked everything off the shelves and onto the floor.

The souls were almost merged as the gold forced it's way through their veins. Their minds could only focus on each other. Their heads were alive with the presence of the love that was quickly rising.

The wind was getting stronger, the light was getting bright and the emotions was becoming extremely vibrant.

The boys were forced to shut their eyes, they could barely see each other and it was hurting already.

And then, with one final burst, their souls merged, creating one.

But as quickly as this happened, the light disappeared. The boys were no longer held against the wall and they both fell forwards, landing on their chests.

Jed waited a few seconds, how did it vanish that fast?

Slowly, he lifted his hands from his head and looked at the chaos around him. None of that matter while his eyes swapped from one boy to the other.

They were staring at each other, eyes wide and mouths open. They couldn't decide if this was a dream or not.

How could this happen? How could they have so much love for each other?

"Ow!" Rayvon whimpered before curling up into a ball, his chest was beginning to hurt again. That pulling sensation felt so horrible.

Luka did the same. They knew they had to get to each other but they were in too much pain.

Jed watched, understanding what needed to be done.

He got up and walked over to Luka. He picked him up because he was the lightest and walked over to Rayvon.

As soon as he was close enough the boys reached for each other.

It all seemed to go in slow motion.

Their hands reached out and their fingers were so close.

They edged closer, knowing what they needed.

As they touched each other, warmth, love and affection surged into their hearts, making them crave each other even more.

Rayvon instantly wrapped himself around his friend, pulling him to the ground.