Chapter 56

When Vinny entered the dining room, his eyes fell on the demon leader but his chest and soul was screaming at him.

His soulmate was in the same room.

He looked around and when his eyes connected with Oliver, his heart broke a little more.

He saw how emotionally and physically run down he was. He looked so depressed and he could instantly see that he had lost weight.

"Oliver" He whispered.

He couldn't spend another second away from him.

He took a step in his direction but as soon as he did so, the demon pulled out a weapon from his inside pocket.

Jed turned but he wasn't quick enough. He was too surprised that Vinny was there.

The demon fired his weapon but the vampire turned and raised his hand.

The bullet from the gun stopped in mid air.

Vinny's eyes were gold as he glared at him.

"Do you think I've gone through all of that and made it back home to be killed?"

Vinny's deep voice buried its way into Oliver's heart and Rayvon had to hold onto him. He couldn't go to him right now, not when the power was on the surface and not when the demon was armed.

Yes, he was over the moon that his dad was finally home and he wanted to hug him and never let go. But he needed to make sure that everybody was safe first.

The demon immediately dropped the gun and held his hands in the air.

He almost forgot about this power.

Everybody watched with so many mixed emotions.

They've never seen the power rise within Vinny before and they were quite shocked that he turned it on so easily. He seemed to have it under control. 

Vinny waved his hand and the demon collapsed to the ground. He couldn't breathe.

"I told you I would make you suffer."

Jed took a few steps back as the demon clutched his throat and tried gasping for air.

Oliver didn't even register what was going on, he had to be with his soulmate again. He was staring at him and blinking, hoping it wasn't just another sleep deprived hallucination.

"Vinny" He whispered. They had to be together right now.

The Vampire knew that if he looked at Oliver, his power would be lost and he would have to go to him.

But he needed him right away and Jed could handle the demon now that he was unarmed.

So he looked.

He took his concentration from the hell-hound on the floor, letting the air back into his lungs.

His eyes instantly turned back to their beautiful chocolate brown ones when he glanced at those big green eyes.

Orin jumped from his grip and wandered over to the demon.

That's when everyone noticed her.

A black cat blends in well with Vinny's clothes.

Duke and Madison shared a quick glance but they didn't actually care for now. They wanted to engulf their son but he and Oliver needed time to re-connect.

Vinny stumbled slightly, he was feeling unbelievably weak.

This is when Rayvon let go of Oliver who stood up.