Chapter 43

Rayvon's shoulders take up the whole width of the bed so Luka slept on top of him pretty much every night.

He slowly got up and yawned again. He could almost feel the cold while gazing at his soulmate.

Luka was wearing one of his own hoodies and a jumper of Rayvon's over the top. It was way too big for him but it burst Rayvon's heart because he looked so cute in it.

A few more moments went by but the half Vampire couldn't leave his sleeping soulmate lying on the hard wooden floor.

He leaned down and scooped him up in his arms.

Luka squirmed a little bit but he knew it was his soulmate, even in his dreams.

Rayvon smiled before gently putting him on the bed and wrapping the duvet around him.

He sat down next to it and grabbed a book, getting ready to wait until he woke up.

* * * * *

"No," Vinny said and took the slice of chocolate cake out of Oliver's hand. "You don't need that much sugar."

"Vinny, in two vampire years I'll be forty, not four" Oliver chuckled.

"Yes, but the last thing you need is a sugar rush when you already have the hyper mind of a four-year-old."

Oliver rolled his eyes but it was true, he was too hyper for his own good sometimes.

"Alright, but I'm having it later."

Well, it is only nine in the morning.

Just then, the door to the dining room opened, making everyone look up.

Little Luka walked in with around three hoodies and a hat on.

He was quickly followed by Rayvon who forgot to duck and smacked his head on the top of the door frame.

"Ow," He grumbled and ducked under it the second time.

Panuleon watched in concern while he rubbed his forehead and followed Luka over to the table.

"How many times have you hit your head this week?" The Angel asked.

"Definitely over ten" Rayvon chuckled.

"We should think about getting the doors raised. This house was designed to accommodate mine and Vinny's height. We didn't think you'd get taller."

"No don't, it's quite amusing," Vinny said, making his son give him a blank look.

"You don't need to change anything, I just need to learn how to permanently tilt my head when I'm indoors," Rayvon said, making everyone chuckle while Panuleon placed a hand on his forehead and checked for any damage.

When he was done, he ruffled Luka's hair before sitting back down next to Corey who like Oliver and Luka, had about 5 layers on.

John and Jed were standing outside the door, talking happily.

They've been together for just over two thousand years now and that has given Oliver plenty of time to get used to their relationship.

John and Jed are also very used to it. They're comfortable with each other, they're very open about everything and act like soulmates.

Because they are.

"I'm going to get some breakfast," John said and kissed Jed on the cheek.

The angel beamed and pulled him into a surprise hug.