Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Olive, I'm sorry about your grandma." Another person hugged me. I'm officially hating life, my Nana just died last week. After all these years she just dies in her sleep. Well, her time was going to come anyways.

As they buried her in the moist ground, a red-headed woman came up to me. "You must be Olive, am I Right?" She asked eyeing me. "Uhm Yes, I'm olive" I paused and moved the knot on my throat "How may I help you?"

"Don't you recognize me!?" She bubbles with happiness. "Should I?" I begin to fiddle with my fingers, avoiding her eye contact.  "I'm your Aunt! My Name is Katherine, we met when you were four. Um when you used to visit your dad. In that small island." she Explained.

"Oh, you look different. And its actually been a while." I mutter trying to remember her.

"haha It has! You look great, by the way." She pulls me for a embrace.

"Not trying to sound rude or anything. But why are you searching for me just now?" I rub the back of my neck.

"I'm the last living family member dear, which makes me your guardian. Unless you want to be a foster and stuff." She mumbled the last part. "ah okay, I understand. So I'll be moving with you to the island?" I ask her.

"Yeah, pretty much. So we should head to Your house and grab your belongings." she eyes the time on her fancy watch. "Well, lets go before it gets late and dark." I say standing up and fixing my dress.

"okay, this way."

We Begin to walk to her car. Once we reach it, I hop inside the passenger side and buckle up with my seatbelt.

She starts the car, and soon we drive off to my house.

Once we arrive, I get out and walk to the front door. I open it, walk inside the small living room and then up to my room.

I always loved this house, and the smell of freshly baked cookies. Or how, my room was the biggest.

"Can I call you Aunt Kat?" I asked her shyly. "Yeah, sure" she smiled at me while sitting down on my bed.

I quietly stuff my clothes into a duffle bag. When I finished with My clothes, I begun with my shoes and other stuff.

Soon enough I was done and we loaded my things together in her trunk. "Is that all?" She crossed her arms, "yeah pretty much." I let out a breath.

"okay, lets get going." she Got inside her car and I followed inside. She drove for what felt like an eternity until she got to The cruise station.

I grabbed all my things and  took them to the boat. I felt sick as we moved along the water. Wrapping my arms around myself  I mutter curse words.

"You okay back there?" she yells, "erm Yeah...I think" I whisper the last part.

"We're almost there. Hold on for me."she smiled brightly at me.

I closed my eyes and inhaled the salty breeze. Memories flooded my brain instantly. I shivered at the ghostly flashbacks and opened my eyes.

The small island came into view, It looked exactly the same. I smiled and remembered my dad, he was the best.

I Now realize how much I miss him.

And how much I miss both of them, wow I really miss them a lot.

Soon the boat glided closer to land, until we stopped and stepped onto the balcony. Kat helped me carry my stuff into another car.

People somewhat stared at me, some glaring at me like if I was a freak. Others with disbelief, "C'mon lets go home." she hugged me.

I yawned and rested my head on the window. Soon I fell asleep for the car ride.

>,< this must've been really boring ugh I'm trying, spare with me e.e I'm just a random chick at 3am writing like a Geek.
I hope its good in your eyes I honestly suck Dx but whatevs

-Ink