THIRTY SEVEN | the smiths

Tony sits at the dining table, sipping his morning cup of coffee. I, however, ignore breakfast and focus on playing around with the new gadget.

"You look absolutely beautiful."

My cheeks tint red at his compliment. "I'm sure you tell that to all your women after a wonderful night of sex and cuddles."

"Damn it, darling." His hand slams against the glass table, and an expression of hurt and determination shows.

"I was only kidding." I take his hand in my own. "Although, I wouldn't mind more compliments."

"Where should I start?"

He twirls his hand, now holding onto my hand, before pressing kisses up my arm. However, I push him away softly and focus on switching the lenses of the sunglasses.

"Shall we play some music, dear? Perhaps something with a heavy beat?"

Tony catches onto the message and grabs the remote. Heavy rock metal begins to play, drowning out our voices in its midst.

"Thank you, Ziva, for the magic glasses." I slip on the eyewear, reading the various light spectrums existing across the street.

Tony leans forward against the table. "What do we got?"

"The usual stalkers." A red laser beam points directly into our room.

"Location, Eva." Gibbs speaks from the comm.

"They are in. . . " I squint my eyes in the direction. ". . .the very top floor, northwest corner of the building. Laser's trained right into our room."

"I can't believe your sunglasses can detect different light spectrums. I mean, that's amazing."

"Thank Ziva. She's the one who bought them behind my back."

"It was my pleasure, Eva."

Gibbs steps in to end our conversation. "DiNozzo, we're going to need a diversion."

"I think we can manage something, boss." A glint of mischief flashes across his eyes, to which I release a sigh.

"We're gonna have more sex, aren't we?"

Tony strips off my clothes and pulls me into bed where we pretend to have sex. To make it more believable, he proceeds to do pushups on top of me.

"I don't know. . ." He grunts. ". . .how much longer. . ." A drop of sweat slides down his cheek. "I can keep this up. . ..boss."

"Only three more to a hundred." I peck his lips each time he lowers down. "Two. . ."

"We're in position, DiNozzo. Give it a big finish."

". . .one."

Tony collapses on top of me, bringing my lips in for a passionate kiss. I melt into his touch and shut my eyes from the pure bliss of just kissing him.

Once our team confronts the other, it's revealed that the other team belongs to the F.B.I..

What a surprise.

The two of us sit beside each other on the couch. He opts to watch some romcom movies, and I read a book.

"Choose a movie." He tosses the remote onto my lap.

"I'll pass." I throw it back to him.

"This is the first time in a long time you and I have had the chance to sit down and do something."

"As we portray Mr. and Mrs. Smith from the movie."

"So what? We're the Smiths. You don't think they watched movies together?"