TWENTY FOUR | the wife

"My God, he's done it." I wave a hand over Tony's face, receiving no form of movement whatsoever. "I am thoroughly impressed that you can sleep with your eyes open."

"Yeah. I'm meditating." He answers back, still staring up at the light.

Kate nods her head sarcastically. "Uh-huh. On how much you drank last night or trying to remember her name?"

"Not hard to remember her name when it only has three letters." Tony replies. "But I don't kiss and tell, Kate."

Yeah, right.

"Since when? I know more about your sex life than I do my own, Tony." McGee scoffs in retort.

The senior agent still refuses to sit back up. "Well, that's not hard to believe, Probie, considering you don't have one." He laughs to himself.

I situate myself in my chair, resuming my work. "We better get back to work."

"Gibbs wants us to find out everything there is to know about this package, and if I were you, I wouldn't let him catch you napping." Kate provides some genuine advice.

"Thanks for the advice, but I got it covered."

"Anybody." Gibbs enters the bullpen. "Talk to me."

Kate, McGee, and I line up in front of him, each holding files containing every piece of information we could find about the package of cobalt blue eyes.

Still in his meditative state, Tony shouts out his discoveries.

"Good to know somebody is working around here."

"How in hell did you find all of that without moving a muscle?"

Gibbs takes me and Tony to the address listed on the package. All the way there, the apartment building manager flirts with the boss.

She pulls me back before I can walk in. "Now, how does a fine man like that stay single?"

"Already been married three times." I hold up three fingers. "We'll be sure to let you know once we're done in here, Ms. Robinson." Before she can say another word, I shut the door.

Wow.

"Guess I've got the bedroom and bathroom." I inspect the closet and the dresser. "There's makeup items in the bathroom along with women's clothes in the bedroom."

From within the closet, I pull out a dress. "And boy, does she have a lack of taste." Something my grandmother would wear.

"Let's see if we can find out her name." Gibbs replies.

I put the dress back into the closet and return to see an another person standing at the door.

"Petty Officer Benjamin Horlacher?" Gibbs flashes the man his badge. "NCIS."

"What's going on, Sir?" He stands there dumbfoundedly.

"We're here to investigate a package delivered to you, opened by mistake by your neighbor. Sent from Ciudad del Este, Paraguay." The boss lets him know.

Tony speaks up. "It contained human organs. A pair of eyes." He points to his own.

"Eyes?" He sounds shocked. "You've got to be kidding me, sir."

"Where've you been the last couple of days, Petty Officer?"

"On a 72. Visiting my family in New Jersey."

"You're training to be an intelligence analyst at Dam Neck?"

"Yes, sir." Horlacher confirms with a nod.